What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

PistonHeads Spotted article RCZ-R@£19K 10/11/2020

Flanners

Reaction score
Pistonheads have done an article (not the best) but complementary on the RCZ-R featuring a trade sale for one at £19K.

Nice that the model is getting recognition, the example featured is not worth £19K imo though good to see prices rising. The comments from some are just so mis-informed the usual badge snobbery and ignorance of just what the R is and can do....usual Peugeot bashing most don't seem to be able to see further than usual mainstream lemming VAG offerings.

Kerr

Reaction score
The wheels need refurbished properly. It would make that car look so much better.

£19k is too much. Although I'm happy to see prices going up which they have been lately. Autotrader's valuation tool thinks it's worth £16,300 which is still really strong.

Many of the comments are a bit harsh, especially about the valuations. I've been logging some of the for sale adverts on here. Nearly all the cars that have come up for sale in the last 5-6 months have sold very fast. You're not getting a dealer selling a good one now for the prices mentioned.

Given there is only 294 of them it's going to be rare how many people have actually driven one. I'm sure most people are actually oblivious what the RCZ R really is.

Flanners

Reaction score
3 on Autotrader the one for £19K, one for £16K from P&G Main Dealer with 47K miles and a private example for £16.5 with 52K on the clock.

Prices have shot up since I purchased mine.

Kerr

Reaction score
They have to sell though! Prices have gone up a bit, but the £19k and the private one are especially too high.

What's the private sale advert all about? Nothing worse than a seller that writes such a poor advert and also tries to hide the registration plate.

If he's wanting top dollar for this car he needs to show why it's worth so much. Seeing an advert like that would make me run a mile. Turning up to the MOT with bald tyres and brake lights out doesn't sound like a careful owner.

I wonder why it needed a new engine?

At least he didn't just bail out when the brakes needed done.

Flanners

Reaction score
How much have they gone up? Zero for sale in Oz at the moment.

Circa £4K

Some of the nicest cars I have bought and some of the best bargains on eBay for other purchases have had some of the worst write-ups or descriptions. A seller doesn't have to display the reg etc. The white R on ebay went for strong money with a basic write-up.

A Phonecall/email to seller usually allows more info. Adverts with loads of upselling and verbiage usually put me off. Most important for me is meeting the Owner (hence why I steer clear of used Trade sales) and sussing them and their car out; not their write-up.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
Circa £4K

Some of the nicest cars I have bought and some of the best bargains on eBay for other purchases have had some of the worst write-ups or descriptions. A seller doesn't have to display the reg etc. The white R on ebay went for strong money with a basic write-up.

A Phonecall/email to seller usually allows more info. Adverts with loads of upselling and verbiage usually put me off. Most important for me is meeting the Owner (hence why I steer clear of used Trade sales) and sussing them and their car out; not their write-up.

If the seller puts a little detail in the for sale advert, with decent pictures too, it saves wasting everyone's time. There is no need for every potential buyer to phone up to discuss what should be included in the advert.

Car forums are full of threads about how annoying and time consuming it is selling a car. They get harassed with so many time consuming enquires. If you write an advert like the white one then you're bringing it on yourself. My experience is bad adverts usually mean bad cars and bad sellers.

He won't get near his asking price for that car. His advert will deter potential buyers immediately. That's why you've found a few gems at bargain prices. It's not going to do them any good as a seller though.

For quite a while there was very few coming to the market. Sometimes there wouldn't be any for sale for over a month. They were selling really fast and it looked as if people were waiting for one to pop up. Prices were up a bit, but not as much as £4k though. The prices of all the cars on Autotrader is really strong. The £19k one has been up for two weeks now. We need them to start selling.

Flanners

Reaction score
Mine has increased by 4K since I purchased it based on the recent sales. The prices were £10-13k when I was looking in May 2019; £13-16 now that is a big jump. You made similar comments to the owner that was selling the white R recently on eBay and that actually went for strong money circa £15K. There are plenty of muppets and nutters out there that whatever you write would want to know more and/or have absolutely no intention of purchasing especially so on eBay. Tell you what you can sell me yours for £11K.....if it is a good one I will out it for £15K+ Deal?

Last edited:

indoldn

Reaction score
The private white one is advertised on FB group as well but not that much info. It doesn't actually say which discs have been replaced. If the engine had to be replaced and not under warranty I'd hate to think how much it cost her.

Yes, the white one on eBay sold for just over 15k. The owner was looking for that figure when he tried to sell it ages ago and there was no real interest. It does look good with those wheels but I did wonder if they rub as it's also been lowered. Perhaps the buyer was happy to pay for a little premium for that.

Personally, I am finding it weird that used cars seem to be going up. Agreed with Flanners, when I was looking for an R they were around £10k-13k but now certainly a lot more.

The grey one on Autotrader is a bit on the high side. The black one says it's had 6 owners.

Pedro

Reaction score
When stealth Tax chancellor Sunak brings in his "Pay by the mile Taxes" prices will soon evaporate for every set of wheels on the road or on the forecourts for that matter he probably thinks everyone can afford to be Electrified?

Kerr

Reaction score
Mine has increased by 4K since I purchased it based on the recent sales. The prices were £10-13k when I was looking in May 2019; £13-16 now that is a big jump. You made similar comments to the owner that was selling the white R recently on eBay and that actually went for strong money circa £15K. There are plenty of muppets and nutters out there that whatever you write would want to know more and/or have absolutely no intention of purchasing especially so on eBay. Tell you what you can sell me yours for £11K.....if it is a good one I will out it for £15K+ Deal?

He took an absolute age to sell that car. It isn't like the bidding was flooded with high bidders. It was the only R for sale at that time and supply had been very limited for a while. Now we are back to having a choice of three.

He didn't know how many owners the car had. He said it had a full Pug service history. It didn't. He couldn't answer people's questions. I hear the wheels were as about as cheap 20" wheels as you can buy. The brake discs were gone and probably the calipers too. It's the type of car I avoid, but obviously someone values the modifications. He found the one buyer he had been seeking.

Run that car through a valuation guide and be shocked. Paying big premiums means you are stuck until you find the next person willing to pay a premium. Try trade that it and the losses are huge.

I really like the R, but I wouldn't be paying £15k for a 40-50k one. Certainly not the ones that have been coming to the market. I bought mine in April 2019. The only cars anywhere near £10-11k were rough. There was cars at the £13-14k mark back then.

My car isn't for sale yet. I'm getting hopeful seeing some of the prices and asking prices lately. My car is 1-2 years newer than these cars. If this current crop of cars sell soon I really would be tempted.

Prices have gone up, probably around £2k in my opinion. The issue is that everything else interesting has also jumped up in value.

I'd love to see a huge leap, but I'm keeping my realistic hat on just now.

Kerr

Reaction score
When stealth Tax chancellor Sunak brings in his "Pay by the mile Taxes" prices will soon evaporate for every set of wheels on the road or on the forecourts for that matter he probably thinks everyone can afford to be Electrified?

It's for electric cars too. If everyone moves from petrol and diesel to electric the government lose a fortune of fuel duty. They can't add duty on to electricity as it's required for homes, so they need to think of another way of charging the motorists.

Pedro

Reaction score
It's for electric cars too. If everyone moves from petrol and diesel to electric the government lose a fortune of fuel duty. They can't add duty on to electricity as it's required for homes, so they need to think of another way of charging the motorists.
He is not being greedy! by wanting the Road Tax plus fuel duty & people paying to run Electric cars from their domestic bills to fund his shortfall in revenue but these are people who are chauffeured around in a Taxpayer funded fleet of cars & receive a full free travel allowance on Trains Planes Taxis Ubers Buses bikes & every other freebie available as long as their not paying the bill

Flanners

Reaction score
My maths

Main Dealer supplied my car to previous owner for £16K 6months before I purchased it.
£16K minus £12K equals £4K
£12K plus £2K only equals £14K

White R recently sold for £15K
3 now currently for sale £16K+

I think a £4K increase being asked now is a big leap for a Peugeot RCZR that is a 33% rise on purchase price for some in less than 18months, then again the base 200, 156 and HDi have seen increases of late too, some are up for between £9-11K. Conversely let's look at Caymans and Boxsters for instance they are seeing values fall or stagnate. Having a look at TT values (dependent on spec etc) they have also fallen to around £12-13K for similar year registered cars as the R/RCZ's.

Fact is recent sales and adverts show the car is appreciating, that if owner's hold out they can sell them for strong money, achieve strong money even with an apparent badly worderd advert or mileage of 40K criticised by some owners; Pistonheads articles may help continue the strong residuals.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
My maths

Main Dealer supplied my car to previous owner for £16K 6months before I purchased it.
£16K minus £12K equals £4K
£12K plus £2K only equals £14K

White R recently sold for £15K
3 now currently for sale £16K+

I think a £4K increase being asked now is a big leap for a Peugeot RCZR that is a 33% rise on purchase price for some in less than 18months, then again the base 200, 156 and HDi have seen increases of late too, some are up for between £9-11K. Conversely let's look at Caymans and Boxsters for instance they are seeing values fall or stagnate. Having a look at TT values (dependent on spec etc) they have also fallen to around £12-13K for similar year registered cars as the R/RCZ's.

Fact is recent sales and adverts show the car is appreciating, that if owner's hold out they can sell them for strong money, achieve strong money even with an apparent badly worderd advert or mileage of 40K criticised by some owners; Pistonheads articles may help continue the strong residuals.

I don't want to be seen to talk values down because I own one, but I think you're being unrealistic.

The white one the guy got lucky with people adding value with the cheap wheels etc. The cheap wheels devalued that car for me. To be an appreciating classic they'd need to be original.

The cars on Autotrader haven't sold. They are purely asking prices way above book price. Once they start selling at those kind of prices then I'll be delighted. So far they aren't.

Although you keep mentioning the white car, what about the other one that came up on this forum just a couple of weeks ago at the other side of the market?

Valuation guides aren't agreeing with these prices. If your car is an insurance loss your insurance company won't be paying these prices either.

I have been watching the market for every R coming up out of interest. I've even linked a lot of them on this forum. I don't see any of those three cars making they are asking money.

I'd love to be wrong though, but again I'm trying to be realistic.

Marmite

Reaction score
The private white one is advertised on FB group as well but not that much info. It doesn't actually say which discs have been replaced. If the engine had to be replaced and not under warranty I'd hate to think how much it cost her.

Yes, the white one on eBay sold for just over 15k. The owner was looking for that figure when he tried to sell it ages ago and there was no real interest. It does look good with those wheels but I did wonder if they rub as it's also been lowered. Perhaps the buyer was happy to pay for a little premium for that.

Personally, I am finding it weird that used cars seem to be going up. Agreed with Flanners, when I was looking for an R they were around £10k-13k but now certainly a lot more.

The grey one on Autotrader is a bit on the high side. The black one says it's had 6 owners.

I did read somewhere it was about £14000 for new R engine fitted ... might have been on here can’t remember !

Flanners

Reaction score
Latest R on eBay up for £16,5000