What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Picking up my 2014 RCZ 2.0diesel

Bills RCZ

Reaction score
Hello!. Very excited to pick up my RCZ on Friday. However slightly anxious about reliability. My car has done 60k. It’s the 2.0 diesel motor. What issues should I be aware of please?. Thanks very much

Chukka64

Reaction score
I think the 2.0hdi is classed as pretty much bullet proof. Cambelt is recommended every 10 years or 110,000. I've recently bought a 2012 Hdi with just over 90k on the clock so decided to get a full service, cambelt and waterpump at my local trusted garage. Just over £500 all in but worth it for the peace of mind.

Bills RCZ

Reaction score
I think the 2.0hdi is classed as pretty much bullet proof. Cambelt is recommended every 10 years or 110,000. I've recently bought a 2012 Hdi with just over 90k on the clock so decided to get a full service, cambelt and waterpump at my local trusted garage. Just over £500 all in but worth it for the peace of mind.
I’m very relieved to hear you say this. My wife has a Renaultsport Clio and everyone warned us about French cars. It’s the most reliable car we’ve ever had.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there I have owned a Hdi for four years now and have been fine as long as you keep serving it.. The wife also has a Hdi with 12k more miles than mine but only thing that hers has had to have done is rear coil springs.. Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Bills RCZ

Reaction score
Hi there I have owned a Hdi for four years now and have been fine as long as you keep serving it.. The wife also has a Hdi with 12k more miles than mine but only thing that hers has had to have done is rear coil springs.. Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Thanks so much

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
60K on the diesel it’s just about run in! 😆 just enjoy your new car 👍