What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Picked mine up 2 weeks ago!

A

Anonymous

Hi All

I'm an rcz virgin and I thought I'd join the forum to get some hints and tips on looking after my new baby! Particularly in relation to cleaning etc!

I picked mine up 2 weeks ago... Am sooooo happy I absolutely love it!!! can't wait to get up in the morning and drive it to work! And trust me I don't usually do mornings!! I just can't stop smiling at the moment and must be driving all my friends and work colleagues mad with my constant cheesy grin!

I went for the 2.0 litre HDi in charcoal, it's bloody fantastic to drive and drop dead gorgeous to look at!

I've had my eye on one for ages, having been a Peugeot girl for most of my driving life, I went from a 207, to 308 sport and now this! I figured you only live once and why not?! The salesman offered me a great deal when it came to trade my 308 in - he knew I couldn't say no and had seen how I'd drooled over the rcz every time I went in there... (they're not stupid are they?!) anyways I'm really glad he managed to convince me and am looking forward to many happy years of driving!

I've already cleaned it twice and have used the cleaning methods I found on here - spent a fortune on cloths and cleaning stuff already! who knew about these crazy car cleaning techniques etc!? Feel like I've entered a whole new world of car geekiness!

Loving the forum! It's nice to see I am not the only mad crazy rcz loving person!

A

Anonymous

Welcome on board! My 1st RCZ was charcoal, don't see too many about, good choice!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and always good to welcome a fellow female RCZ owner :)

It's good to hear you are looking after your RCZ, long may it continue.

We always like to see pics of RCZ's too ;)

A

Anonymous

Hello and welcome, sounds like your taking good care already :-D

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Welcome...welcome...welcome. As a fellow RCZ owner, I am still in awe over the beauty of the car. You have now come to the right place to share your passion and get any advice on anything about this awesome car. Photo time ;)

A

Anonymous

Torillloyd29 said:
I've had my eye on one for ages, having been a Peugeot girl for most of my driving life, I went from a 207, to 308 sport and now this! I figured you only live once and why not?! The salesman offered me a great deal when it came to trade my 308 in - he knew I couldn't say no and had seen how I'd drooled over the rcz every time I went in there... (they're not stupid are they?!) anyways I'm really glad he managed to convince me and am looking forward to many happy years of driving!

Sounds exactly like me!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys!

Yeah I'll get round to posting some pics soon, be nice to take some nice shots rather than just on the drive.

I'm still loving every minute of owning an RCZ, and it's nice I've only seen one other in the time I've had mine and I don't think I've ever seen a charcoal one :0)

I do need some advice actually (hope I'm not being a bit dumb!) but I understand the rear spoiler is supposed to activate automatically to the intermediate position at 50mph and then again to maximum position at 95mph. Do I have to do anything to put it into auto mode? I've checked the manual and it would seem not, but I'm not sure it's working.

I can see it in the rear view mirror when I activate it manually (though I think that's when it reaches it's maximum position) it doesn't appear to do anything when I go above 50mph but I'm not sure if that's because I can't see it? But I also don't hear anything... I've tried (on a private road of course!) doing the 95mph and it doesn't do anything - am I doing something wrong?

Hope it's not an RTFM moment!

Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

Auto mode is standard and so no action is required. I find stage two is achieved at approx 98MPH. Stage two is the only visible stage in the rear view mirror.

A

Anonymous

That's probably what it is then... May get someone to sit in the back and just check it's definitely working... Maybe I've not quite reached the 98mph then I'll have to give it another try... Thanks a lot! Speedy response too! :0)

A

Anonymous

I'm sure that it'll be functioning absolutely fine in stage 1 but you won't see that from your rear view mirror. RON is absolutely right, stage 2 is only triggered at 98mph and will only be visible to you at that second stage. No harm in having someone follow you to let you know though that it's functioning correctly.

A

Anonymous

Shame, I'll just have to give it another go (strictly for experimentation purposes of course!) ;0) Thanks for the advice...

A

Anonymous

Rather fortuitous that you have "a private road" at your disposal for such experimentation :lol: :auto-car: :law-policered:

A

Anonymous

Te he! Yes 'private roads' are rather helpful for such things ;0)