What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot RCZ vs rivals

A

Anonymous

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews ... ivals.html

The Lion is sharpening its claws. Peugeot had a big year in 2009, introducing a redesigned badge, creating a new styling direction and taking victory in the world-famous Le Mans 24 Hours endurance race. And 2010 sees the launch of its most exciting car in years...

The new RCZ coupé is designed to inject some passion into the brand and re-establish its sporty credentials. Available to order now, the sleek two-door offers a choice of petrol and diesel engines, all at a competitive price for the class.

The Audi TT is our current Coupé of the Year, and the styling similarities of the RCZ are obvious – so the German car was first aboard the ferry to the Peugeot’s European launch in northern Spain. When the original TT arrived in 1998, its radical shape redefined the sector, and the second-generation model still sets the benchmark. With superb quality and a great driving experience, it’s easy to see why the Audi is our favourite.

Completing our trio is the Volkswagen Scirocco. It blurs the lines between coupé and hatchback bodystyles. But however you judge the VW, it looks the part. It’s also good value, great to drive and wears a desirable badge.

So, does the stunning new Lion roar to victory in this test, or go out with a whimper?

A

Anonymous

I would have to say that both the German cars have better quality plastics inside, but outside of the RCZ just looks so fresh and dramatic,
The first thing I am going to do when I get mine home tomorrow is just stare at it for while :D

G81

Reaction score
gtomo said:
I would have to say that both the German cars have better quality plastics inside, but outside of the RCZ just looks so fresh and dramatic,
The first thing I am going to do when I get mine home tomorrow is just stare at it for while :D

lol :D . Exactly what I would do. Go for a drive, go home and park it up. Grab my sofa, and take it outside. Sit, open a beer, and stare.

A

Anonymous

I think the TT looks better the RCZ doesnt have good proprotions the boot looks too large the rear quater windows dont execute any form of fluid design and up front the headlights are to large, engine wise I'd say the power options dont match the TT and I belive the RCZ is priced over it market its main competetor being the hyundai coupe in the budget coupe sector

RCZ1

Reaction score
GEEGEE123 said:
I think the TT looks better the RCZ doesnt have good proprotions the boot looks too large the rear quater windows dont execute any form of fluid design and up front the headlights are to large, engine wise I'd say the power options dont match the TT and I belive the RCZ is priced over it market its main competetor being the hyundai coupe in the budget coupe sector

I don't mean to sound rude but what exactly is your intention of registering on the RCZ forum, if judging by your two posts so far, you have distinct disdain for the RCZ? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I've seen it before where someone registers on a forum just for the sake of causing trouble. :!:

Getting a little bit nervous are we, that the TT might have some competition? The TT now looks very bland in comparision compared to the RCZ. TT drivers don't like competition do they :!:

A

Anonymous

Im currently in the market for a small coupe so naturally I'v looked at the RCZ and TT etc im comparing what I think of the cars Im not trying to cause any offence

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sorry if I sound blunt but I really don't understand why you are on this forum. I understand you are in the market for a small coupe but from everything you have posted so far - you obviously have dismissed the RC, it doesn't drive well, it looks wrong, its this, its that - which is entirely up to you. But seeing as this is a forum for RCZ enthusiasts it just seems a little strange that all you have done is bad mouth it. I won't say anymore !

A

Anonymous

I used to own a scooby doo (Subaru Impreza) and we had a simalar situation where Mitsubish Evo drivers HATED Subaru drivers and vicky vercky,
both cars were made in the same mold, in that they both had 4WD, great turbo engines that could be moded upto silly BHP . . . the list gose on, but basicaly they were both 4 door saloon cars that would defiy the laws of physics.

I fear that we are going to have the same thing here with the RCZ and the TT.

I own an RCZ, but also looked at the TT, and I can say with my hand on my heart that both of these cars are good looking coupe's with a sporty ride and eager performance, but there are much better handling cars with better performance etc etc.

I dont even want to name any incase it starts another debate, but I do hope that this issue gets sorted out in a grown up fashion.

If you like cars for the right reasons, then you are a car nut.
If you like cars because it has a badge on the front, then you are a car snob.

My Subaru had the interior feel of a biscut tray, yet it was the best car I ever owned.

Some times the sum of the parts go together to make a much bigger picture. ;)

Now can we have a bit more love in the room please . . . . :D

A

Anonymous

when ever iseen an audi tt i have always thought what a great looking car,but when i saw the rcz concept car in a magazine i thought if they make it i must go
along and have a look .when ifirst saw it for real i thought wow i never thought of comparing it with an audi tt i just like the look of the rcz and decided i would like one

VASS

Reaction score
We're gonna be getting a Sirocco added to the fleet (in black) to join the RCZ and TT (also all black), will be able to post a photo of all in same colour, should be interesting.

(oh and don't feed the trolls folks)

A

Anonymous

Those wheels on my Opal White WOW

Looks like its going to look amazing
Oh I had an EVO8 and I loved it almost as much as my mate loves his P1 and those pesky thieves!

A

Anonymous

VASS said:
We're gonna be getting a Sirocco added to the fleet (in black) to join the RCZ and TT (also all black), will be able to post a photo of all in same colour, should be interesting.

(oh and don't feed the trolls folks)

Vass, If anyone should be able to give an unbiased oppinion, it's you, what are your intial thoughts, Pros and Cons ?