What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot RCZ Reliability

Bobby brown nut

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a first time poster here,

I'm really interested in getting a Peugeot RCZ but im worried about reliability, is there anyone thats been a long time owner and can shed some light on the all round reliability of these cars?

I live in Australia and I own a Lexus is200 so I guess I've been spoilt with a super reliable and cheap to maintain car. What's a car like this like to own in Australia, America, UK ect

Thankyou!

Woodso

Reaction score
I have had mine for over 3 yrs and apart from normal wear, tyres and brakes, no issues except for a failed coil pack. As with other makes of car, some do have problems. I have a friend with a 6 mth old Range Rover and it has hardly been out of the garage. Everyone will have a different experience and outlook.

apple3337

Reaction score
Mines been fine but it's only done 35000 klm. You need a really good mechanic who knows these cars. I've seen a lot of bad stories with people taking it to dealers and the mechanics having no idea how to diagnose problems. They end up spending loads of cash and no solutions.

Pedro

Reaction score
I bought My 200GT with 32.320 Klm its now done 45.355 its had a timing chain tensioner new discs & pads a map sensor new plugs K&N panel air filter& thermostat coolant tank Oil service every 3.500 klm its never been redlined & it has a quad exhaust fitted it runs so smooth its like a new car & as has been said in umpteen posts the Prince engine suffers with generic auxiliary parts failures but if serviced properly it will not throw up any serious major issues Chain & tensioner will wear but changing the oil before service is required will vastly prolong these two component's

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I also drive a Lexus LS next to my RCZ R. Or to be more precise, I drove the RCZ R while I had it.
What I mean, I come from the same place as you do. But I knew from the start, I could not apply the same standards in regards of build quality and durability to the R as I do to the Lexus.
Still, the RCZ did not disappoint me. Sure, it had few quirks (I have listed them in the thread about my R here on the forum) but all of them I somehow "expected" due to the way in which I used the car. Overall I would say I was positively surprised on how reliable the RCZ was. And it was my first new Peugeot I ever bought.

Overall I would say the famous "problems" with RCZs are already well known, well described on the forum here and a remedy for those exists. The costs are also manageable. The risks of taking a beauty like the RCZ into your home are on the green side, I would say.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I never keep cars that long usually. I have had my 200 GT MKII for 7 years now. It’s probably been one of the most reliable cars I’ve had. Yes, coil packs HPFP & I did end up with a new clutch assembly because of DMF problems, but as a daily driver with the performance & who can forget, the looks, it’s been an amazing car to own.
If they still made them I would have bought a new one in a heartbeat.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Having owned plenty of Peugeots in the past I must like them, though I don't own one currently.

In the 18 months or so I had my 200 GT I had the following :

Coil pack failure, coolant level sensor failure, it needed the chain and tensioner full Monty, then not long before it went it developed a chattering rattle at idle.
All sub 60k miles. It basically came down to me wondering what was going to break next. Which was a shame as it was a nice car and I enjoyed driving it.

Conversely, In 2.5 years and 20k miles my GT86 has needed....... a headlight bulb.
I put screen wash in it, and check the oil and tyre pressures once a week. Barring a yearly service obviously.

I've not had a car as mundanely reliable since I owned a Peugeot 406 about 10 years ago.

Ian J.

Reaction score
If you buy one go in with your eyes open, some can be trouble free others will be a money pit but bare in mind they are now very cheap to buy so depreciation is very low. You are also getting a car that looks like it cost £20k for less than half that ,
I've owned 3 of these over a period of 6.5 years and all I can say is they are as good or bad as anything else.
If you go in with low expectations then you might be lucky and get a good one .

pauld

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a first time poster here,

I'm really interested in getting a Peugeot RCZ but im worried about reliability, is there anyone thats been a long time owner and can shed some light on the all round reliability of these cars?

I live in Australia and I own a Lexus is200 so I guess I've been spoilt with a super reliable and cheap to maintain car. What's a car like this like to own in Australia, America, UK ect

Thankyou!
Hi ,

I have had my THP 200 Manual for three years gone from 67,00 to 108,000 kms. Apart from regular servicing , it had a failure in the slave cylinder (unfortunately inside the gearbox bell housing) part was about $150 , labour $750 , otherwise 7 litres per hundred kms and an awesome car to own and drive