What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot RCZ R to Make Public Debut at Goodwood

A

Anonymous

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/peugeot-rcz-r-to-make-public-debut-at-goodwood-61049.html

The Peugeot RCZ R, the French automaker’s most powerful road-going car, will make its international debut at the 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Set to open its door on July 12, the Goodwood Festival of Speed will host two red RCZ R models that will mark the vehicles public debut. In addition, one of the cars will also perform dynamically in front of the Goodwood crowd with UK’s Peugeot 208 GTi ambassador Bradley Philpot behind the steering wheel.

Powered by the award-winning 1.6-liter THP engine, the Peugeot RCZ R boasts 260 BHP and the French claim “its efficiency will be a benchmark with power/capacity among the highest in the world for production vehicles at over 160bhp/liter with CO2 emissions targeted at just 155g/km.” Thanks to its bespoke suspension setup, wheels design and limited slip differential, the Peugeot RCZ R also promises “intense dynamic sensations”, the company adds.

The new Peugeot RCZ R will be launched at the end of the year.

Good news anyone waiting on getting one of these ? :beer:

A

Anonymous

eddreed said:
Good news anyone waiting on getting one of these ? :beer:

If it would have been available when I ordered my RCZ I certainly would have ordered the RCZ R.

If I'll be happy with the RCZ (once it arrives) the chances are good that it'll be the next one :beer:

A

Anonymous

How much are tickets ?is there any cheap ones for RCZ owners lol

RCZ1

Reaction score
Not seen any pics of the red RCZ R but I can't wait to see it. I would consider a RCZ R but it wouldn't be brand new as my finances wouldn't stretch beyond £30k and it certainly wouldn't be for another 2 years at least.

I can't wait to see what they are going to look like and whether they will deviate much from the prototype we saw in pictures last year. I'm also interested in the colours it's going to be available in.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys was reading the other day that the R should be around 4.5k more than the Gt model ,so if correct around as said before 30k.........Mmmmm have to see how good it really will be :)

A

Anonymous

Think it'll more like 35 grand. Now that's a hell of allot for a pug with a 1.6 engine.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Just to entice us even more the Alfa 4C is going to be making an appearance at Goodwood too :)

Ooooooooooooh!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Interesting that in that link it says the RCZ R will get 18" wheels. Can that be right? Maybe I can get them fitted to Ruby?

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

That'd be interesting! I wait to see them in proper pictures rather than artistic renderings. I'm not convinced by the alloys that are in all the pictures to be honest.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Interesting that in that link it says the RCZ R will get 18" wheels. Can that be right? Maybe I can get them fitted to Ruby?

I think it will be due to unsprung weight young lady. The 18's will more than likely be lighter which will make a difference.

Hatman

Reaction score
Chuzzbutt said:
RCZ1 said:

I think it will be due to unsprung weight young lady. The 18's will more than likely be lighter which will make a difference.

Also bring the centre of gravity of the car lower.

A

Anonymous

All of which is true...but it won't look as sexy as the RCZ on a set of 19s.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
All of which is true...but it won't look as sexy as the RCZ on a set of 19s.
I dunno Riz, I'm quite taken with the R ;) could well be the future replacement for Amber in a few years :D