What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot RCZ R Smart LCD Touchscreen Display Key Upgrade / Modification

2retro

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the standard Peugeot RCZ key to a Smart LCD Touchscreen Display key and I made the little video below to show how it works - what do you think?

All functions of the original key (Lock, Unlock, Open Boot) are still available, accessed directly from the touchscreen display. Secondary physical buttons are also present at the top of the key as an alternative if desired.

Also features handsfree 'Comfort Entry' function via Bluetooth connection to the cars OBD port. The car is automatically unlocked when in close proximity to the Display Key and automatically locked again when moved away from the vehicle.

The only downside is no option for Remote Start as the RCZ does not have that ability. Yet... ;)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope you didn’t take my leg pulling on fb to heart 😉😁

Madman

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the standard Peugeot RCZ key to a Smart LCD Touchscreen Display key and I made the little video below to show how it works - what do you think?

All functions of the original key (Lock, Unlock, Open Boot) are still available, accessed directly from the touchscreen display. Secondary physical buttons are also present at the top of the key as an alternative if desired.

Also features handsfree 'Comfort Entry' function via Bluetooth connection to the cars OBD port. The car is automatically unlocked when in close proximity to the Display Key and automatically locked again when moved away from the vehicle.

The only downside is no option for Remote Start as the RCZ does not have that ability. Yet... ;)

That is an Amazing upgrade can you please explain what system did you use and where to buy it from and how easy to install?

2retro

Reaction score
Thanks! It wasn't too difficult to do actually. You can get the LCD key fobs from eBay/Amazon/Ali-Express/Etc. but you also need an original spare car key so that you can use the internal circuit board from that. And you need somebody with Jedi level micro-soldering skills as the wires are very, very tiny (I found an electrician guy local to me who could do it for me) but, if you have all that, then there's no reason you can't have your own one of these.