What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot rcz 156

Kez1256

Reaction score
I currently have a seat altea 80bhp version
I have just recently been putting together a rcz front end smash was no damage to engine just radiators and bumper bar I got got it driving today taken it for a test drive and I think there is something wrong it's so gutless can't feel any power at all I'd say that my seat feels quicker can anyone help with this issue I have no lights on the dash or anything thanks....

Kez1256

Reaction score
How could I find out definitely if it the turbo mate

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Do you have an OBD reader? You should be able to get readouts from a number of perimeters using one. The connector is behind the ashtray I believe.

I have never used one, never had cause , but there are many members who use them and have a good knowledge of what you need to look for.

2retro

Reaction score
If an 80bhp Seat feels quicker then I think we can say with a very high degree of certainty that you have no turbo power and are essentially in 'limp mode' (because if not the Seat would be a spec in the rear view mirror!). The reason for this however is the question. Need to read the fault codes to start with I would say.

Kez1256

Reaction score
My dad has a snap on obd reader would that work?

2retro

Reaction score
Kez1256 said:
My dad has a snap on obd reader would that work?
Should do. I got a bluetooth one from eBay for under a fiver and that works OK.

Just pull out the little rubber mat in front of gear stick to access the port. :thumbup:

Kez1256

Reaction score
If the I find out today that the car is limp mode does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue as I was thinking of selling it cause its slow ahah

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Depends what the issue is. It may be as simple as a disconnected sensor.

Is the engine management light on?

Are there any warning messages from the dash?

Kez1256

Reaction score
As far as I can see I haven't any warning lights on the dash at all I've disconnected the battery and put it back on but still same but same again no warning lights as such