What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot Platinum Warranty - is it worth it.

stagger321

Reaction score
Lo there.

After opinion on this. So its not an issue for my RCZ, but it will be at some point.
Wife's 207SW has come to the end of its standard warranty and PUK have sent us the Platinum Warranty renewal info.

So is this really worth the outlay?
£28.39 x10 instalments for the 207SW.

What are people's thoughts here, especially those who have had issues and needed to make a claim.

Thanks in advance. :beer:

A

Anonymous

I had plat warranty on my 308SW. The lighting on the heater controls failed - no issue in the summer but made it near impossible to use in the darker months. You would think that one could just replace the bulbs but oh no the whole heater control unit had to be replaced and yes you guessed it - not covered. So based on my very narrow experience I would say not but then if the clutch or something they do cover expired I guess it would be. ? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I took it out for my RCZ and have used it to cover a few issues. I've had no issues making claims, the Peugeot dealer has handled it no problem.

Whether it's truly financially worth it obviously depends if you end up needing to make a claim but for me it's worth it for peace of mind alone.

Sanity

Reaction score
Anything with a 7 in Peugeot models I'd pay extra for warranty :lol:
Owned 2 of them and both been absolutly worthless in terms of quality.

renegade79

Reaction score
Sanity said:
Anything with a 7 in Peugeot models I'd pay extra for warranty :lol:
Owned 2 of them and both been absolutly worthless in terms of quality.
:lol:

stagger321

Reaction score
Thanks all.
.....and thanks to Sanity for providing me with the ultimate incentive :dance:

OK, I'll go for it.

Despite being petrol, the 207SW can sound like a taxi on startup, so I may take here to our local dealer for a check of the timing belt tensioner before the current warranty runs out. Don't know if its covered or not, but peace-of-mind and all that.
Also there is a clause I have noticed in the Warranty renewal sheet saying that old issues are not covered in the new warranty, and PUK could always wriggle out of paying if the rattling is seen to have been an old issue.

BEADY

Reaction score
I have to say I have recently found it well worth having.

Had a year from the Garage/Peugeot on an 11 plate that I bought in Sept 14

Renewal came round and I decided yes. Service and MOT were due shortly and I thought "you never know".

Week before the service the dreaded engine warning light came on Engine repair needed.

After looking on here tried the lock/unlock trick 3 times Nothing doing

Booked it in for the whole job including warning light problem, turned out it was the timing chain problem
Assessor called by the dealer they agreed all done under warranty including oil seal that needed replacing

It has taken too long and I was supposed to pick it up midweek this week, not ready Wednesday.
They rang me lunchtime , all back together again but have found a misfire Tried a coil pack from another car and it works fine, so went back to the warranty company agreed to include coil pack in warranty claim, part ordered hopefully finished early tomorrow. FYI

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So that's the cost of the warranty covered and some. :eusa-think:

I haven't thought about extending yet, but with only 1 year left on the original warranty and 3 claims already made, I think it's a no brainer.

Good to hear that they cover the usual suspects without any fuss. :thumbup:

renegade79

Reaction score
stagger321 said:
Thanks all.
.....and thanks to Sanity for providing me with the ultimate incentive :dance:

OK, I'll go for it.

no brainer :eusa-whistle:

DKZ5745 said:
So that's the cost of the warranty covered and some. :eusa-think:

I haven't thought about extending yet, but with only 1 year left on the original warranty and 3 claims already made, I think it's a no brainer.

Good to hear that they cover the usual suspects without any fuss. :thumbup:
no brainer :D

A

Anonymous

Hi

Priceless. Get it.

Too date it's saved me £4900.00.

Savings of huge magnitude.

D