What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot extended platinum warranty

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Hi All.

Can anybody confirm if the Peugeot extended platinum warranty covers an MOT failure due to a bulge in a tyre and does it cover for a new battery. I'm guessing that the answer will be no to both questions but just need clarification.

Thank you.

renegade79

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet my house that the answer is No and No. bloody warranties eh...!

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Peugeot Spain are no better. :thumbdown:
Our 108, bought in June 2016, had a mega recall in the November and the whole Puretech 1.2 lump was exchanged; obviously no charge. :crazy:
As it happened we bought with the extended warranty, a "free" first service at or before its first birthday, depending on kms.
We went in to book the service in June 2017, and the boss man said "silly, you had a new engine under recall, so come back in November for the service".
Come November, Peugeot had a different view, and said we had missed the one year date by a mile, so you've lost out.
Fortunately, our Pug garage man looks after the fleet and took the hit on the cost, and let his feelings be known to Pug Spain HQ. :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have the Peugeot Platinum extended warranty. The exclusions are:-

EXCLUDED ITEMS
Ancillary drive belts
Brake and clutch frictional material
Bulbs and fuses (LED lamps are covered providing at least 50% of the lighting has failed)
Exhaust systems and diesel particulate filters (catalytic converters are covered against internal failure only and not accidental damage, corrosion or damage resulting from the use of incorrect fuel)
Batteries
Wheels and tyres (including balancing and alignment
Wiper blades
Software downloads (unless required as a part of valid repair)
Water ingress including damage to covered components caused by water
All wear and tear items
Recharging of the air conditioning unit (unless required as part of a valid repair)
All serviceable items

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Thanks All.

As I thought. It's always something that goes wrong that's not covered....

Plecodoras

Reaction score
That's how to make the money - cover the parts that rarely fail and yup if they are know to bust - well they are not covered - wear and tear 'ol chap !!