What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot approved bodyshop

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Hi All.

Having recently had my RCZ repaired at an approved Peugeot body shop and having experienced what I can only describe as shoddy workmanship and poor customer service, I contacted Peugeot customer service to see whether they would investigate these issues further and to say that they couldn't give a flying fluck is a total underestimation saying that any issues I had I would have to take up with the owners of the garage myself. So my question is, should you be unfortunate enough to need to have your beloved RCZ's body work repaired then what is the point of having it repaired at an approved Peugeot repairer rather than any old bodyshop if Peugeot have no jurisdiction over the garage?
Perhaps Mirian Betts (Network Excellence Manager) who posts on here under “Peugeot Mystery Shopper Programme” can throw some light on this?

A

Anonymous

So are we talking Peugeot branded workshop or Joe Bloggs body repair that are an approved Peugeot Body shop?

I am very upset by Peugeots response. I was only saying the other day that I feel Peugeot UK may have other priorities now. We on the forum don't seem to be receiving the same level of attention as was previously the case. I suspect a few new models have been released now and so the RCZ is no longer their focus point.

This really does disturb me as I hate to be hood winked and I was genuinely convinced by Peugeot UK that they did care. So I so hope that this is an isolated case and not the start of many such reports.

Please keep the forum updated on this issue

HARWOOD

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
So are we talking Peugeot branded workshop or Joe Bloggs body repair that are an approved Peugeot Body shop?

I am very upset by Peugeots response. I was only saying the other day that I feel Peugeot UK may have other priorities now. We on the forum don't seem to be receiving the same level of attention as was previously the case. I suspect a few new models have been released now and so the RCZ is no longer their focus point.

This really does disturb me as I hate to be hood winked and I was genuinely convinced by Peugeot UK that they did care. So I so hope that this is an isolated case and not the start of many such reports.

Please keep the forum updated on this issue
Hi 0055RON.
The company comes up on the search results on the Peugeot website when looking for Peugeot accident repair centres and here is a lovely snippet taken from the website
"Insist on the best for your Peugeot
So, you’ve had an accident. And you want your car back on the road ASAP. Your insurer may recommend a repairer for any car repairs required. But are they going to be more interested in the quality of the work…or keeping costs down?
If you want the best for your car, insist on a Peugeot Approved Accident Repair Centre".
And here is the official response from Peugeot - names deleted at this stage!!
Thank you for your recent enquiry. I was sorry to learn of your experience with the body shop at ???

However, I should point out that, whilst of course we take an interest in the actions of the dealership, ??? is a completely independent company, and our involvement in and influence over its day-to-day trading activities is consequently limited.

We do not assume responsibility for the actions of the dealerships or their employees, and it would not be appropriate for us to comment on conversations and situations which we did not witness. We have no involvement in the body shop as this does not deal with manufacturing defects but rather accident repairs.

You would therefore need to discuss the matter directly with the management of that company. The Dealer Principal there is ???

I’m sorry that we cannot help directly, but thank you nonetheless for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,

???
Customer Relations Manager

What a complete and utter cop out!!!

A

Anonymous

So it is a Peugeot Dealerships own in-house spray shop? In the past I would not have been surprised to receive a response from Peugeot UK to the effect of...............

We cannot have no direct control over the establishment however as clearly you are unhappy with their work we will speak with them directly to obtain a satisfactory outcome, as we want you be be totally happy throughout your Peugeot experience.

Something along those line and to that effect. I think they have lost interest in the new customers that the RCZ has brought to them. Initially they were very supportive and I personally have a lot to thank them for. Of late I have noticed and commented that their involvement with us is far more distant now if not non existent :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

As a Peugeot Approved repairer they're operating with and trading on Peugeot UK's authority and good name.Peugeot UK have a vested interest here.

Keep pushing Peugeot UK and don't take their first response, write back telling them you want it escalated to a senior level and again restate the reasons you are unhappy with the repair shop in detail.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

Absolutely agree with steve. Why are Peugeot lending their name to a cowboy outfit? Surely they have to QA such enterprises? If they are substandard then why are Peugeot not removing their support?! They may not be able to directly influence them but they have a vested interest in their workmanship!

HARWOOD

Reaction score
stevebasshead said:
As a Peugeot Approved repairer they're operating with and trading on Peugeot UK's authority and good name.Peugeot UK have a vested interest here.

Keep pushing Peugeot UK and don't take their first response, write back telling them you want it escalated to a senior level and again restate the reasons you are unhappy with the repair shop in detail.

Absolutely I will and I won't let this rest until Peugeot have investigated and I am entirely satisfied with the outcome. All this can only result in bad publicity for them which I am sure that they would rather avoid. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Last response received from Peugeot and my response back underneath:
Dear Mr Harwood,

Thank you for your further e-mail.

The fact that they are Peugeot-approved simply means that we have approved their facilities and so on, and they are authorised to carry out repairs. ??? is Peugeot-approved also in the ense that it is an authorised Peugoet dealership.

It nevertheless remains an independent company, and we cannot accept any responsibility for the actions of its employees.

You will therefore need to speak to the management of that company in order to progress the matter.

I hope that this helps to clarify our position. Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,

???

And my reply:

Hi ???

Thank you for your reply. I am not asking Peugeot to take responsibility for the actions of the dealerships employee(s), I am simply asking for Peugeot to investigate this matter. After all, if Peugeot have approved this repairer as being up to Peugeot's standard then surely you would want to investigate how they have failed in this instance or are you simply "washing your hands of the matter"?

This topic will make great reading on the forums that I frequent!!

Rgds.

Peter Harwood.

PS I am in contact with the management but this doesn't excuse your unwillingness to help considering that you have approved this company!

A

Anonymous

That's very poor, they do appear to be brushing you off and washing their hands of any responsibility. You'll have chosen a Peugeot approved facility on the grounds that Peugeot approved them so independant company or not, they bear some responsibility. I'd consider writing to the CEO of Peugeot UK directly and cc customer relations in if you don't get a more helpful response to your current email.

A

Anonymous

This is an appalling situation! Why would one bother taking the hard line with an insurance company and insisting that our pride and joy be repaired at a Peugeot Authorised repair shop as opposed to the one approved and preferred by the insurance company.

Shame on Peugeot UK. This is not at all what one has come to expect from them :thumbdown:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
What also adds insult to injury is that I also had to pay an additional £100.00 excess if I chose to take the car to my preferred Peugeot approved repairer rather than the insurance companies nominated repairer which I did as I thought that I would receive excellent service/workmanship being as they were Peugeot approved and also not to jeopardise any warranties etc. :evil:

A

Anonymous

HARWOOD said:
What also adds insult to injury is that I also had to pay an additional £100.00 excess if I chose to take the car to my preferred Peugeot approved repairer rather than the insurance companies nominated repairer which I did as I thought that I would receive excellent service/workmanship being as they were Peugeot approved and also not to jeopardise any warranties etc. :evil:
I'm going to PM you contact details for a chap in Peugeot UK that if I am a good judge of character will take a different approach to the one that you have had so far.

A

Anonymous

This stinks. :evil:
Take it all the way m8.
Good luck. :thumbup:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Below is the latest reply from the Peugeot customer relations manager - not good news. :thumbdown:
Dear Mr Harwood,

Thank you for your further e-mail.

Our position remains as before. We have referred the matter to the company concerned, and you need to discuss the matter directly with their management. We do not have that level of direct control over bodyshops, approved or not, and are not able to take any further action from here.

Thank you nonetheelss for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,

The car is currently back at the so called Peugeot approved body shop having the issues rectified but I have had to do this all on my own with absolutely no assistance from Peugeot UK. So if you are unfortunate to need your beloved RCZ repaired then think twice about who repairs it because if you choose a Peugeot approved body shop and things are repaired badly then don't expect any help from Peugeot as they clearly don't give a flying fluck
Ron, Time to take you up on your suggestion me thinks. :evil:

Rgds.
PS Their customer relations manager can't even spell correctly - nonetheelss

A

Anonymous

I am exceptionally disappointed with this lack of involvement by Peugeot UK :thumbdown: My personal appreciation of them has taken a knocking by these reports. We had and I most certainly had excellent service from Peugeot UK. They have in the past been more than helpful in several matters. One of which was by contacting their dealerships on my behalf and they did so without any requests from me to do so. They have found me a new dealership to replace the failing one, they have paid for repairs to be carried out (twice) sourced a full sized spare wheel option to name but three.
We have had RCZ meetings at which "they" have attended and been very helpful and generous, not to mention the huge expense that they went to in putting on their own event at Pinley House the home of Peugeot UK in Coventry. So this news is received with great sadness from me personally.

I now wonder what I will do if faced with the dilemma of having to decide whether to allow the insurance company to decide were my pride and joy is to be repaired or whether I will still insist on it going to a Peugeot dealership and so incurring potential extra costs as a result. If Peugeot Authorised repairer means so little to Peugeot UK.

A

Anonymous

I kind of get the feeling that as a Peugeot authorised repairer they are not a dealership - I have never come across a dealership that actually has any of the skills in-house to be able to repair cosmetics - e.g. paint resprays etc.

Ultimately the only real recourse Peugeot would have with a third party organisation would be to stop recommending them - or in other words remove their 'authorisation' and perhaps this needs to be suggested to Peugeot.

When it comes down to it though, you are in the lap of the gods when it comes to repairs like these as who your insurer recommends or authorises is going to be as much pot-luck in terms of quality of workmanship as anyone that Peugeot will recommend or authorise. I do find their wording that was quoted a bit OTT though when you view it in this light... Marketing waffle is all it comes down to really.

I think if I were ever in this situation I would have to be talking to people in the trade to see who they recommend first and then going on that basis, rather than relying on a recommendation from a central corporate who has no day-to-day dealing with or link to what actually happens.

I hope you get a resolution to the problems though...

A

Anonymous

My dealer in Grimsby has its own in house paint and body shop.