What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot 308GT

A

Anonymous

My honest opinion, they've overpriced and underpowered it.

A

Anonymous

Deff missed a trick not launching the flagship R version first to get the headlines then slip out the lesser power ones. They've already got a 270 bhp engine in the RCZR yet there adamant there'll not be an R version :(

A

Anonymous

It's also priced in Golf GTI territory. That starts at £25,845. Sorry Peugeot but that's a no brainer.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
bigmac3161 said:
Deff missed a trick not launching the flagship R version first to get the headlines then slip out the lesser power ones. They've already got a 270 bhp engine in the RCZR yet there adamant there'll not be an R version :(
Really? No R? Come on! I was waiting to buy that crap! :(

A

Anonymous

Well the article does say that they may release an sportier model but tag it a GTI. With this one expected to start at 25k it makes you wonder how much that version will cost! This one is already very close to the pricing of the Megane Sport, the Golf GTI and the Astra VXR and I'd have any one of them ahead of it. 202BHP for 25k really puts them at the back of the pack.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I testdrove a regular 308 SW Allure yesterday, with the new 3-cyl 1.2L engine, auto box and most of the options ticked in. I was very impressed i must say. Turned out to be way better than i ever imagined, nearly bought one on the spot :shock:

Looks very sexy in black with tinted windows and 17" or so alloys on... Trouble is i don't need a big family cruiser :D

Tomas_90

Reaction score
The 308 GTi / R has officially been greenlighted for production next year!

Very strong contender for RCZ replacement! :)

A

Anonymous

Sounds promising. I'd be a little concerned about the pricing of it though based on the price of the GT version. That comes as a five-door hatch or an SW estate, powered by either a 202bhp 1.6-litre THP or 178bhp 2.0-litre HDi unit is massively overpriced and way behind the competition in terms of power and kit, coming in as it does at around 25k.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Yes well I would imagine in true Peugeot spirit the jackasses price it More Expensive than a Golf R. Good Luck with those sales...

renegade79

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
Yes well I would imagine in true Peugeot spirit the jackasses price it More Expensive than a Golf R. Good Luck with those sales...

The R is priced on peugeot Ireland's website as being €53660 but there are actually none for sale over here. There are two golf R's for sale at the moment both are registered 2014 and both are pre owned but they are for sale in separate dealerships over here for €44,000 and €45,000 respectively. It would seem that peugeot ireland will be selling the R at a greater price than the golf R. ;)

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:

:lol: :lol: :clap: They need us to lead them into more competitive pricing. I'm happy to do so for a reasonable fee. ;)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
... I'm happy to do so for a reasonable fee. ;)
which then Peugeot would have to put up on the price of the cars :lol: ;)
You need to do it for free :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

RCZ-R said:
mrizzle said:
... I'm happy to do so for a reasonable fee. ;)
which then Peugeot would have to put up on the price of the cars :lol: ;)
You need to do it for free :mrgreen:

Now...just how nice a guy do you think that I am?! :lol:

A

Anonymous

The Price aint the problem neither is it the Pug brand, its the overall design of the new 308 its so bland in its design. lt has hints of.. from straight behind a A3 and a from a 3/4 rear angle a 5 door golf... :eusa-think:Not a fan of the simplistic dash design either. How one car company can design the RCZ....then a few years later design this 308 is really beyond my thinking logic.l have only seen one new 308 on the road as i was right behind it at the time,or maybe i have seen a few but never really noticed them :eusa-think:
No doubt the French will buy it,as they are kinda loyal to their own car makers :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
I actually kinda like the 308.

l know you do :) but its styling is far too bland for my liking..and its a hatchback and has immense competition from the stalwart maker of great hatchbacks VW,Ford,Vauxhall...and even may i say KIA :)

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I do like it too. They've completely sold it to me. It doesn't have to look like a spaceship to be good. Simple is often the cleanest and best design. Altho it doesn't work in all configurations. The base models i don't really like, but the Allure and onward is great.

The Golf is too boring, the Ford is too extreme, the KIA is too korean..... The list goes on, you can pick holes in any car if you really have to, or you can just appreciate them for what they are for the time being.

Yes, i understand it's your opinion and that's fine by me but i'm just pointing it out :D