What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

petrol smell

A

Anonymous

ive noticed i get the smell of petrol after i have filled the car up i dont overfill it and none lies on the garage floor but it hangs around till the needle drops to around three quartes full lifted the bonnet and the only place that smells of it i think is the 2 redy orange hoses at the front of the engine can anyone educate me or had simalar happen :helpme:

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Mel.

The two orange pipes feed the intercooler from the turbo to the inlet manifold, so petrol is not used in that section. I've checked mine and there is a slight oily / petrol smell but that might be coming from the dip stick which is positioned under those pipes.

I would say with the fuel system being pressurised there a good chance that the system may vent down when the engine is stopped, normally it vents back into the engine via a filter, might be worth getting it checked just incase there is a pipe off somewhere.

Hope this helps.

Rob

A

Anonymous

thx rob dealer says alot of people are overfilling the tank because it fills at the top and once the pump clicks off they keep trying to get more in . going to check next time on fill up by not putting as much in and see if the same happens keep you posted

A

Anonymous

mel said:
thx rob dealer says alot of people are overfilling the tank because it fills at the top and once the pump clicks off they keep trying to get more in . going to check next time on fill up by not putting as much in and see if the same happens keep you posted
I'm guilty of always filling to the brim but haven't noticed any smell.