What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Personalised number plates

A

Anonymous

Hi all. Please excuse my ignorance on the subject but I've never contemplated getting personalised (!) before now. How does it work? :oops: Do you buy a number and get issued with an ownership certificate so that dealers can make plates to that number and if so, is it possible to buy now, many months before my car will be built? Incidenatlly, I passed a car today with the plates RCZ 3. It wasn't an RCZ and I nearly pulled them over for misleading the public. :police: I was so gobsmacked at the plates that the car passed in a blur but methinks it was a Merc convertible. The nerve of some people!!! :eek:

A

Anonymous

Ive just bought one for the first time. Thought my RCZ deserved it! Purchased mine from DVLA but there are other sites. I now have a V750 form which I need to give to the dealer a few days before collection. they'll make up the plates for me. If you have a reg that has been used before you have to allow time to get a transfer done. I went for a 60 plate that was personal to me but had never been registered before so I believe the process is a bit simpler.

A

Anonymous

Just to add to rczwannabe's answer, I have also purchased a personalised "60" plate for mine (when it arrives :sleeping-yellow: ).
The V750 (the certificate you receive from the DVLA) entitles you to register the plate with any car (as long as it doesn't make the car look newer than it is) within 12 months.

After 12 months you lose the entitlement to the registration if you haven't used it.

I ordered mine a month ago. It doesn't look as if I'm going to get the car until October at earliest, but the certificate is with the dealer ready and waiting for them to register the car. As long as it arrives before August 2011 I'll be OK :p .

A

Anonymous

Thanks to both rczwannabe and hhobbit for the info. I'll get scouring those websites now for suitable (and not too dear!!!) plates. I agree that the RCZ deserves a little something special :)