What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Passenger window won't close

simonpople

Reaction score
RCZ 2.0 HDi (2010)
Window keeps opening to half way position. Managed to close it and take the fuse out so windows and mirrors have no power but at least I can lock the car.
With or without the engine running it started opening the window to about half way open only on the passenger door.
Anybody had this problem?

A

Anonymous

Usually happens when battery is low on power, is it in economy mode?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Have a read of the thread "And now the whole parking sensor system has packed up."

It does relate to the Passenger Window as you read down.
Sorry, I don't know how to attach the Link - suggest a Search on the above Thread Title.

Look for the entries by FGRob and RCZCT200 (who know what they are talking about).
I've cut / paste one of the entries which states:

I'm wondering if your car has an issue with the switch pack on the drivers door or its connections as the mirrors and windows both go through there?

Hope this helps and you can get the Switch Pack replaced - if that's what it is.

Good Luck
:thumbup:

simonpople

Reaction score
Thank you for the link.

I've had the car fixed by a mobile electronics mechanic.

The repair on the passenger window was in 2 parts. First part was a connector underneath the dash that was the causing high resistance and not allowing full voltage to passenger door causing the problem.

Second part was clearing and recording fault codes within the system.

Car seems fine now, everything working again, wallet £130 lighter!