What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Parking Sensor help!!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

This is the first time I've posted but I only picked up my RCZ 2 weeks ago - so far it's a brilliant car but I'm having a bit of a problem.

I was driving to work on a busy A road and out of nowhere some metal debris hit my car and dented the drivers side wing (just under the headlights) and pushed the parking sensor out.

The sensors have gone offline because this one is now hanging from the bumper, but the Peugeot dealership want to replace the entire bumper as the sensor can't be stuck back on (apparently) and they want £1400!! Surely this can't be right?!

Does anyone know anywhere I can go to get a proper estimate or has anyone else had this happen before?

Thank you very much, James

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave:

Not a great start to your RCZ ownership experience. Never had a similar issue and so can't really advice you. However if it was my brand new Peugeot and Peugeot told me that it requires a new bumper, then I'd be putting a claim into my insurance company. But then I just like things to work as they should do and wouldn't be happy with anything less.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I have heard of a similar story re new bumper for one faulty sensor.

I personally would not go your insurance company as they don't need much of an excuse to bump up your premium.