What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Parking dent

A

Anonymous

Returned to my R last night and saw this happened in a multi story car park. I parallel parked between 2 concrete posts as that spot has no other cars around it. Perfect I thought. The scumbag who did it drove off too. It's a CCTV blind spot where I parked I'm told. At least some decent person jotted down the number plate of the car who did it, and left a note for me. 2012 Black Mondeo [POUTING FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

If the witness left their details then put it through your insurance, if not you could still try, then go to the police station and report it as a hit and run.

Did it take any paint off either car??

A

Anonymous

Gutted for you. Makes you mad that someone could do that and just drive off... :evil:

A

Anonymous

tony1968 said:
If the witness left their details then put it through your insurance, if not you could still try, then go to the police station and report it as a hit and run.

Did it take any paint off either car??

No witness details unfortunately. Have reported it to the Police but it's obviously not something they want to or can spend time on. My excess is €500 on insurance so I'm out that at least I'd say. It's the time and hassle of it though - I can't take time off work to be sorting this out. Horrible bastard who did it. Hope it comes back around on them.

tianorth

Reaction score
Looks like the wheel has been hit as well.

Report it and get the details from the police who they are insured with, contact their insurance direct and report it as a hit and run.
The police should be able to check if any paint is missing from the offending vehicle and verify the heights to your vehicle.

Make sure police follow it up.

If you go through your insurance, they will record it against you, even if full recovery is made.

Sorry to see this, why can't people just be honest and take responsibility for their actions?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I really feel for you. I've seen this happen, and also had it happen to me, although only door dents. (not on the Z thankfully).

People drive round in sh!t cars and don't take care when near nice cars. I agree with you, let's hope it comes round and bites him right on his @rse.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
That sucks man. My Volvo's been side swipped 4 times now. No details left each time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

renegade79

Reaction score
Let me guess "dundrum town centre"?
It wasn't me, honest..... :eusa-whistle:
Hope you get it sorted!

Anth SAFC

Reaction score
The worst thing is as already said if you do track him down and claim through his insurance your premium will increase for the next few years so you end up losing out. Still worth reporting to the police but weigh up all your options as it may be best you ask them for some cash and get the repairs done yourself

2retro

Reaction score
Since they didn't even bother to stop after doing the damage I think the chances of getting a wad of cash from them is pretty slim.

Liam Neeson has a better idea:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZOywn1qArI[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

Now thats annoying. Hope you catch them. I have over the past 3 months found minor scratches to the passenger side rear wheel arch (3 in total) and a scratch on the drivers side wing. Its a big issue with me and I find myself checking the car every time i get in and out of my car. I always try to park miles away from other cars, Mind you when ever I return to my car there is always a 4x4 parked next to me. ??????? :evil: :twisted:
In general though There are some scutters about who just dont give a toss about other peoples metal.