What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Paris Motorshow

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

It's been a hectic couple of weeks here as we're finalising 2011 plans but we're off to the Paris motorshow on Thursday.

At this years event we have unveiled for the first time in public the new 508 and have also revealed the new HR1 concept car - which has been getting a great reaction.

Also to coincide with Paris, the other big news was the EX1 electric concept car. Producing 340bhp and a 0-62 time of only 2.5 seconds (0-162mph in an amazing 6.6 secs) the car has already broken 6 short distance world records - a great way to showcase some of technology being developed !

RCZ wise, there are a couple of cars on the stand along with the Asphalt Ltd edition which has been discussed in a different thread. I'll take some snaps of our stand and post them up when we get back.

Regards

Peugeot Prod

A

Anonymous

Would love to see pics of the EX1 and HR1. Full report when you return please!! :wave:

A

Anonymous

hhobbit said:
Would love to see pics of the EX1 and HR1. Full report when you return please!! :wave:
peugeot-ex1-t564.html#p4735
This is a link to tonyrcz@s item about the EX1, a VERY futuristic-looking car that would feel right at home in a Batman movie :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Just really, really, hope it doesn't rain when you're driving it ;)

A

Anonymous

I think your stated time of (0 - 162) in 6.6 secs is incorrect :!: :!: :!:

A

Anonymous

Not sure. I drove an electric concept car 6-7 years ago that did 0-50 in 4sec so I imagine things have improved since then.

Electric motors operate equally well across all rpm, and can go up to 20,000. So acceleration tends to beat standard cars easily. And as for the figure of 162, that may be km/h rather than mph in which case perfectly feasible.

A

Anonymous

P90James said:

Ha - actually I was watching an old Mythbusters last night where they proved that if you drive fast enough you can actually beat the rain!

(This was in a 911 with a windscreen mind you - so not sure if the EX1 windshield would be enough!)

A

Anonymous

Hunty said:
P90James said:

Ha - actually I was watching an old Mythbusters last night where they proved that if you drive fast enough you can actually beat the rain!

(This was in a 911 with a windscreen mind you - so not sure if the EX1 windshield would be enough!)
Hi Hunty and :text-welcomewave: to the forum. Have you ordered, or are you about to order an RCZ?

A

Anonymous

AndyH said:
I think your stated time of (0 - 162) in 6.6 secs is incorrect :!: :!: :!:

Hi, no, that is not a typo. That is the actual stats. Below is an excerpt from the official press release. Although I made a typo on the 0-62 time...... which is actually 3.5 seconds - apologies.

+++++++++++++ Press release stats++++++++++++++++++++++++

Performance (Driver Only)
Acceleration Standing start 0 to 62 mph 3.58s
Standing start 0 to maximum speed 6.6s
Max Speed 162 mph
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The car is phenomenally quick due to being light as a feather and pushing out 340bhp. There are a few clips on you tube of the car in action, the best is probably this one - although it is in French.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgNCJQ_dm9s&feature=fvwk

Regards

Peugeot Prod

Attachments

• ex1 mini.jpg
    ex1 mini.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2,271
  • ex1 mini2.jpg
    ex1 mini2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 2,271