What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

PAINT STARTING TO PEEL

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I have to give credit where it's due, and well done Days Peugeot Of Swansea , also Peugeot UK for over looking the repair and covering the insurance on the courtesy car. :clap:

Argh FFS, when I needed a courtesy car on three occasions my dealership told me Pug wouldn't stand good for the courtesy car insurance! I wish they'd all sing from the same bl$$dy hymnsheet!!! :evil: :evil:

Great news on the paint job though Jactac, glad you're pleased :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Glad to hear they did a good job jactac. Still not convinced by the valet though - you have to look past the shine :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I have to give credit where it's due, and well done Days Peugeot Of Swansea , also Peugeot UK for over looking the repair and covering the insurance on the courtesy car. :clap:
I am so pleased that it was a job well done and has left you happy with the service that you received :thumbup: I have never had good service from any previous main dealers :thumbdown: Through this forum I have been impressed by what I have heard about Peugeot dealers and Peugeot UK. I was impressed when I took my car back to the main dealers in York (who in the past I have not wanted to use) So maybe my foray into Peugeot ownership will endear me to a new brand and earn my loyalty to the brand :beer:

A

Anonymous

To be honest i did have slight reservations with this dealership as i have used them in the past for a different make of car and i was not impressed, but this time they exceeded themselves. :thumbup:

K, honestly they have done a fantastic job on the valet, ok it wont be a "detailers" finish because it didnt go in to be detailed, but compared to other valet jobs i've had done it really is impressive, especialy as some other dealers would just hose the car down and wipe over with a dirty cloth.

They even hung up some "smellies" inside the car, and also clean then nourished the leather. :clap:

Its like sitting inside a newly skinned cow that had been splashed with Cacharel Eau De Toilette. :lol:

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
jactac said:

Argh FFS, when I needed a courtesy car on three occasions my dealership told me Pug wouldn't stand good for the courtesy car insurance! I wish they'd all sing from the same bl$$dy hymnsheet!!! :evil: :evil:

Great news on the paint job though Jactac, glad you're pleased :clap:

Donna, when i logged the warranty complaint with Peugeot they tried it on with the courtesy car insurance but when i "politely" explained that i should not be out of pocket when the RCZ is going in under warranty they simply agreed without a fuss, in fact i had a call back from Peugeot UK two days before i took the RCZ in confirming that a courtesy car and insurance would be covered.
I did have to pay for the insurance first then they reimburse me, i just took out 3 days temporary cover with my insurance company and printed off the cover note showing the costs.

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
To be honest i did have slight reservations with this dealership as i have used them in the past for a different make of car and i was not impressed, but this time they exceeded themselves. :thumbup:

K, honestly they have done a fantastic job on the valet, ok it wont be a "detailers" finish because it didnt go in to be detailed, but compared to other valet jobs i've had done it really is impressive, especialy as some other dealers would just hose the car down and wipe over with a dirty cloth.

They even hung up some "smellies" inside the car, and also clean then nourished the leather. :clap:

Its like sitting inside a newly skinned cow that had been splashed with Cacharel Eau De Toilette. :lol:

Hi Jactac

It does seem like you received a good valet there and I'm pleased you were happy with it. I just wouldn't want to risk it in the first place in case something did go wrong. That's just my personal opinion. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Hi Jactac

It does seem like you received a good valet there and I'm pleased you were happy with it. I just wouldn't want to risk it in the first place in case something did go wrong. That's just my personal opinion. :thumbup:

I wouldnt normally have a dealer valet my car, in fact i dont think they even offer it as a paid sevice, my point was that they did a fantastic job under the warranty and also looked after the car by doing a great valet on it., and believe me, in the fussy & picky department I'm right up there with the best of them :eusa-think:

I 100% agree I would NOT risk a dealer doing a valet as norm, and personaly I think the same could apply to a detailer, the fact is your not going to know the result until someone has had your car, worked on it and presented it back to you. That applies to a repairer/dealer, a veleter and a profesional detailer.

So play safe and do the body work yourself is the best bet, if in doubt ask the dealer/ repairer NOT to clean/valet the car after working on it, but in my case I was more concerned that the warranty work was going to be done correctly, so i didnt think of them cleaning/valeting the car afterwards, but as I say I totaly had nothing to worry about, and would take the car back to them again for any type of repair in the future.

Basicaly they looked afer the car from start to finish and presented it back in a mint condition. Cant ask for more than that eh! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

The Nose of my car the paints peeling dealer said its been painted I said well if it has not by us and would only be by them because they were the original Owner as it was a demonstrator.

A

Anonymous

Get in touch with Peugeot, insist on a repair.

It was the original paint that started to peel on my RCZ.

All sorted now though, the repair was tiny but i wanted to nip it in the bud now.

A

Anonymous

They are claiming the cars been painted. IT was a dealer demonstrator

RCZ1

Reaction score
If you had such a thing as PTG (Paint Thickness Gauge) you would be able to tell if it had. I hope you get it sorted soon.

A

Anonymous

A good result Alan, it pays to stand firm and stick to your ground, well done :clap:

A

Anonymous

Well they are saying they are going to do it just seem to be mucking us about