What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

PAINT STARTING TO PEEL

A

Anonymous

I've just washed the car and whilst cleaning the skirt that runs along the sill then goes into the the rear wheel arch I noticed that the paint has started to peel away from the plastic skirt, about an inch is coming away from the skirt. :thumbdown:

I'm not worried about rust as the skirt is plastic, but I'am concerned that once moisture and dirt gets behind the paint it will just keep peeling around to the outside of the skirt along the sill.

This is a definite vist to the dealers. :eusa-think:

Attachments

• PICT1483.JPG
    PICT1483.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,297
  • PICT1485.JPG
    PICT1485.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,297
A

Anonymous

Shouldnt happen mate on a car that has extremely low mileage like yours this happened on my grande punto but on the other side of the arch :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

No buddy i'm not impressed at all, it's a real disappointment.
The car has 2500 miles on the clock :thumbdown:

Even after it has been re-painted there is still the fear of it occurring on another panel :eusa-think:

Maybe Peugeot Technical will have an input on this :?:

A

Anonymous

Jaccy taccy I cannot work out what the picture is showing. What am I looking at? It looks like stones stuck to wet tar. Baffled

A

Anonymous

That is bad news - especially on a car that has hardly any miles on it :thumbdown:

Not an area I routinely check - will do tomorrow.

Well done on getting some pics loaded up, really shows the problem :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Jaccy taccy I cannot work out what the picture is showing. What am I looking at? It looks like stones stuck to wet tar. Baffled

Ron follow the bottom edge of the skirt round to the rear wheel arch and look where it tucks into the arch, the skirt goes into the arch about 5 inches, its the lip that is peeling that sits against the inner arch soundproofing .

The thing that you think is "stones on wet tar" is the soundproofing that is up inside the arch.

A

Anonymous

Dont think so ?
They have that shape under both rear arches :eusa-think:

How should they look ?

A

Anonymous

Jactac,

Just seen this, the car needs to go to your local for them to look at that and submit a warranty claim.

Figo...the fibre arch inserts have an design indentation in them at that point which is being picked up on Jactacs piccy.

Marcus

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Jactac,

Just seen this, the car needs to go to your local for them to look at that and submit a warranty claim.

Figo...the fibre arch inserts have an design indentation in them at that point which is being picked up on Jactacs piccy.

Marcus

Marcus,
I'm hoping to take it over tomorrow for them to look at it.
The issue I had with the boot opening on its own has corrected itself :eusa-think:
Probably a gremlin in the system,I will mention this whilst i'm there though.
And since I have wrapped the spare alloy wheel in a thin blanket the boot has stayed dry, so it was probably condensation afterall :thumbup:
:beer:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
The issue I had with the boot opening on its own has corrected itself :eusa-think:
Probably a gremlin in the system

Have heard that sheeps wool stuck in the boot lock can cause that :eusa-whistle: :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
jactac said:
Probably a gremlin in the system

Have heard that sheeps wool stuck in the boot lock can cause that :eusa-whistle: :lol:

I like my "ladies" sheared m8. :lol:
As smooth as a newborn lambs rear end :shock:

By the way sheep mobile is booked in for tomorrow to look at the boot, they said they will be able to see if a fault was registered and they are going to take a look at this paint problem. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Ok,
bit of an update,
Skirt has to go in to be painted under warranty some time over next 2 weeks, apparantly this is not the first Peugeot to have a bit of paint peeling on the plastic panels.
Personaly from experience i dont think Peugeot are the only manufacture to sometimes have problems with paint on plastic panels.
Getting paint to adhere to plastic is a bit of a pain..

The boot lid problem that righted itself did not show up any fault codes on the test, so its a case of see what happens.
The service manager did say that some early RCZ's had an issue with water getting into the boot release which caused the same symptoms as i was experiencing, but when he checked my VIN number it was a newer model so we will just have to see how things go with that, at the moment its still woking as norm.

A

Anonymous

Yeah hopefully the paint job will be done soon and the boot problem dont reoccur.

A

Anonymous

Ok then, cars booked in this wednesday for the paint issue.
Had a bit of an haggle to get a courtesy car from the dealer, but stood my ground and had one promised as long as I pay the insurance cover for the days I use it ?
Found this a bit strange so rang Peugeot who offered to pay the insurance cover, so well done Peugeot but 1 mark deducted so far for my local dealership for not being very helpful.
Lets hope they make up for it with a good paint repair.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
.....1 mark deducted so far for my local dealership for not being very helpful.

Yes, they are not too helpful.
When I wanted my oil changed at the 12 month point, I had to keep asking and asking as they said it wasn't due a Service.
Explained that I understood that and that I just wanted an oil change.

They 'phoned me up at 1500 hours on the day I dropped it off (been in from 0830 hours that morning) to still ask if I wanted the oil changed.

Not enamoured by my first encounter with the Local Boys - will probably go to Lookers (Cardiff) or back to Griffin Mill (Pontypridd) for the first actual Service.

Hope all goes well with your Paint Job - keep us updated :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I've used them in the past for a different make of car, as you know they cover a few manufactures, anyway they were the same then, not very customer friendly.

I'm a bit concerned that the service manager mention that the whole side may need painting , I really dont want that done, its only a small piece that needs repairing inside the wheel arch on the plastic skirt ! :crazy:

I will be bringing this up when it goes in to be done, which has been cancelled for wednesday as he also made a comment about getting it done quickly so that I can have it back before friday when they close for xmas.

I think it was best to not to "have it quickly" and wait until after the hols. :eusa-think:

Another thing I will be doing is putting the spare wheel on myself, I've read on here about how a dealer managed to damage a wheel of a car in for repairs ,they will need to remove the wheel to get at the arch, so if i have the spare on, which already is a bit scuffed then at least my "good" wheel will be safe.

Its a bit crazy that we need to protect our cars from the very people that should be looking after them for us. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

UPDATE :
Car booked in tomorrow for the paint issue.
Apparantly the side skirt will be removed to have the whole thing to be re-painted, I hope this is not the case as i'm a bit concerned about colour match, I will speak to the service manager n the morning to see if they can just paint the small bit that is peeling.

Seems like a bit of over- kill doing the whole skirt just for a small 1 inch patch, that is inside the wheel arch :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Car back from the dealers yesterday and they did a great job on it, they didnt paint the whole sill which i was concerned about, they just did what needed to be done and it matches perfectly. :thumbup:
They also gave her a full valet, which RCZ1 would even be impressed with, absolutely gleaming !
And to top it off a free courtesy car which Peugeot are paying the insurance on. :thumbup:

I have to give credit where it's due, and well done Days Peugeot Of Swansea , also Peugeot UK for over looking the repair and covering the insurance on the courtesy car. :clap: