What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Paint problem - not the car

FGRob

Reaction score
Well it's happened to me again, this is the second time one of my cars has been sprayed with paint (my black IQ got covered in my next door neighbours lime green gloss paint :shock: ), white on a charcoal car does not go together very well.

It's happened at work on a private car park I now who did it (Miller construction) but it will be difficult to prove, unless the other 100 or so owners complain as well - we will see what happens Monday. :evil:

Any way here lays the problem, I've detailed all the car except the roof, which was planned for Saturday just gone, so cleaned the car as normal and that's when I noticed the paint, the paint comes off the body with a little light pressure using your finger nail so I know it going to come off eventually any way, but the roof and glass - no chance. On the glass I've had to use a razor blade, but on the roof it's taken me 3 hours to get 99% of the paint off, I will be taking this up with Miller but I don't think I will get anywhere. :evil:

The moral behind this little story is make sure you get some decent wax on as quickly as possible, I'm using Do Do juice which has made a big diffence when it comes to this type of problem. :thumbup:

Rob

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob. What a horror! Everyone's nightmare having something happen to their baby via a third party and especially with little or no chance of compensation or even getting them to be more careful in future! Perhaps you should use some form of cover when you're parked there again :eusa-think: . As for your current problem I really hope it all cleans off without any damage. An excellent tip about waxing as soon as possible. Thanks. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Complete nightmare. :thumbdown: :evil:

I'll second the comment above - hope you get the paint off!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
That is bad news Rob. A thought I've had - did you try claying the roof? It might work if you are very careful.

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
That is bad news Rob. A thought I've had - did you try claying the roof? It might work if you are very careful.
I've thought about it, spent another 2 hours today on the bonnet, I can remove the paint (fine droplets) on the bonnet with my nail, but it moves then sticks back on again and does not wipe off, me having no nails :oops: means I can't pick it up :cry: :cry:

I've taken another good look at it today, it's still on the side windows and back window - you think you have got it all off then you find more - I really p****** off about this.

I sent out a general email to the other companies that operate in the same building, I've had two replies so far, one who confirmed thay also have paint over the car, they thought its was bird poo - must have been doing it through a strainer then for the mist spray I've got. :wtf:

Oh well lets see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks for your support guys.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Rob have a chat with their health and safety guy and threaten to let the HSE know if they don't fess up and do something.

G

FGRob

Reaction score
IRONMAN said:
Rob have a chat with their health and safety guy and threaten to let the HSE know if they don't fess up and do something.

G
Get this the manager who runs the Miller site is also based in the same office complex, his nice shinny Range Rover is also covered :lol: :lol: But according to him it's not the same paint and there's no way it was from his guy's - no different than I expected from him - mind you he is a big bugger :wtf: :wave:

I'm letting the University sort it out before I take it any further.

Rob.

FGRob

Reaction score
Well just to close this out, I suppose you could call it a result, Millers have denied any wrong doing as its not the same paint used by them, because if it was the same paint it would not come off the car :wtf: :wtf: So not being able to get it off the glass does not count then :roll:

Any way as a gesture of good will they have offered to wash and wax my car today, I have thanked them for the offer but explained I had already spent 5 hours cleaning, polishing and waxing and it does not need doing again. It turns out other cars are also being cleaned today including my colleagues golf. :clap:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Not really what you'd call a satisfactory closure but I suppose you were never going to get any better from them :( .