What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P1048 P1067 Faults Help

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

So I’ve had my car in the garage for a while now trying to do a process of eliminations and we changed the BSM unit which did wipe a lot of the flagged faults that shouldn’t of been there in the first place so we now know definitely that the fault codes to blame are ( P1048 and P1067 ) which is related to the variable valve timing saying open circuit and open circuit to earth if I recall correctly

Does anyone know where to look exactly for the wiring that controls the VVT? If you have any photos to show me or a diagram? I would really appreciate your help with this,

thank you.

Pedro

Reaction score
Sure its not the valve that is the problem because if they get any type of crap inside they send the timing loopy regarding the BSM codes they were probably triggered due to ongoing previous issues & are stored in the memory

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Sure its not the valve that is the problem because if they get any type of crap inside they send the timing loopy regarding the BSM codes they were probably triggered due to ongoing previous issues & are stored in the memory
Hi,
What do you mean by the ( Valve ) I will certainly pass it on to him of course anything to help at this point is appreciated, but I’m sure he’s convinced it’s the wiring

Pedro

Reaction score
The "VVT ( Variable Valve Timing) Valve" that controls the phase angle of the camshafts its controlled by the ECU & can adjust the inlet camshaft timing at high speeds as much as 30% to allow for a much earlier intake ( faster combustion detonation) so its vital that it works correctly if it became faulty the Engine cannot be timed properly plus the Fuel Air ratio & combustion cycle will be out of sync you will get have a too rich or weak fuel mixture causing the Lambda sensors to trigger emission faults & a EML on start up or "stop" warning lit up

Marmite

Reaction score
Hi,
What do you mean by the ( Valve ) I will certainly pass it on to him of course anything to help at this point is appreciated, but I’m sure he’s convinced it’s the wiring
The "VVT ( Variable Valve Timing) Valve" that controls the phase angle of the camshafts its controlled by the ECU & can adjust the inlet camshaft timing at high speeds as much as 30% to allow for a much earlier intake ( faster combustion detonation) so its vital that it works correctly if it became faulty the Engine cannot be timed properly plus the Fuel Air ratio & combustion cycle will be out of sync you will get have a too rich or weak fuel mixture causing the Lambda sensors to trigger emission faults & a EML on start up or "stop" warning lit up
I agree with Pedro Iv had the same faults for months an eventually sorted the problem my vvt timing valve was as clean as a whistle but on a closer look the black plastic electrical core was able to move from side to side in the metal casing and it shouldn’t My advice would be buy a new valve I got mine of e bay for 30 quid an it’s not been a mite of trouble since .

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Thanks guys I’ll pass this information over and hopefully that sorts it. If not, it’s down to finding the wiring that’s associated with the VVT

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
I agree with Pedro Iv had the same faults for months an eventually sorted the problem my vvt timing valve was as clean as a whistle but on a closer look the black plastic electrical core was able to move from side to side in the metal casing and it shouldn’t My advice would be buy a new valve I got mine of e bay for 30 quid an it’s not been a mite of trouble since .
See when you were having faults with your vvt was your car not starting as well?