What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P0299 & P2263

Blantche

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone encountered the occurrence of both of these codes at the same time and could advise on what to do about them?
P0299 and P2263 (i know what the codes mean, but could find what triggered them).

Of related things that were replaced:
- new Remanufactured Turbo
- new Exhaust Manifold
- new Turbo Pressure Solenoid Valve
- new Map Sensor

THP 1.6 200 engine.

Attachments

• 359782589_2137146116485116_5015220957133917051_n.jpg
    359782589_2137146116485116_5015220957133917051_n.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 18

lfe

Reaction score
The photo is from a 156HP but I suppose it will be similar in 200HP.

On the arrow there is a small tube that comes from the turbo solenoid valve with a filter on the end.

What finally solved P2263 for me is cleaning that filter. The mechanic had also changed previously the turbo solenoid valve.

1689174688742.png

Blantche

Reaction score
I read the previous posts and also check it. I don't have this filer and mechanic said that's should not make this problem if there is no filter because there is airflow. Should I order him? Do u have maybe the code of this filter?

lfe

Reaction score
Part #9,
That little cylinder it has is a filter and it may be clogged, it's not in the same place as the 156HP, you'll have to look under it to find it. No need to change it, just clean it.
#8 is the turbo solenoid

1689180760619.png

Blantche

Reaction score
@lfe Im confused. Did i change the correct map sensor? From your screenshot list i changed 1922 V7 but there is also a second map sensor with code 1922 W0. Should i change him also? If yes, do u know what is the code of this sensor?

lfe

Reaction score
MAP stands for Manifold Absolute Pressure which is mounted on the intake manifold, #12 on the diagram, it's only one, the others are not MAP sensors.

Also, if the problem is that the sensor is dirty, it is usually not necessary to change it, just clean it with Contact Cleaner spray

I say that one possibility is that the filter described above is clogged, I don't know if there are other things that are broken.

Pedro

Reaction score
The photo is from a 156HP but I suppose it will be similar in 200HP.

On the arrow there is a small tube that comes from the turbo solenoid valve with a filter on the end.

What finally solved P2263 for me is cleaning that filter. The mechanic had also changed previously the turbo solenoid valve.

Pedro

Reaction score
Boost pressure sensor? Don't forget the Turbo operates on Exhaust pressure & fuel/ air ratio even a vacuum leak would make the EML come on & cause boost failure

darko

Reaction score
Have the same problem and can't resolve this, they suspect that the ECU is the problem as I've changed everything possible from Solenoid Valve to Divert Valve, Turbo Actuator, wastegate, Vacuum Hoes. The actuator barely moving from what I can see and the live data Westgate status 60% all the time, so it's like the ECU not controlling it.

Last edited:

lfe

Reaction score
Have the same problem and can't resolve this, they suspect that the ECU is the problem as I've changed everything possible from Solenoid Valve to Divert Valve, Turbo Actuator, wastegate, Vacuum Hoes. The actuator barely moving from what I can see and the live data Westgate status 60% all the time, so it's like the ECU not controlling it.

Look at the filter that I explained in the previous messages.

It is a small and strange filter since it is like rubber, but a porous rubber, it is about 2-3 cm long, it seems that if it gets stained with oil it clogs.

The turbo solenoid valve opens the wastegate with vacuum, but then it needs to take in ambient air to close it again and it takes the air through this filter.

I still had P2263 despite having changed the solenoid valve and checked everything, but cleaning the filter was the solution.

The filter can be submerged for a few hours in acetone, although I made a hole in it and put a piece of foam inside

darko

Reaction score
Look at the filter that I explained in the previous messages.

It is a small and strange filter since it is like rubber, but a porous rubber, it is about 2-3 cm long, it seems that if it gets stained with oil it clogs.

The turbo solenoid valve opens the wastegate with vacuum, but then it needs to take in ambient air to close it again and it takes the air through this filter.

I still had P2263 despite having changed the solenoid valve and checked everything, but cleaning the filter was the solution.

The filter can be submerged for a few hours in acetone, although I made a hole in it and put a piece of foam inside
You referring to the filter that goes into the solenoid? That's long way gone on my side, as well we bring that piece of shit up in the engine bay with my mechanic, so now is located right of fuse box where is the ECU outside the plastic box, we made a little spot here for that crap. They anyway hang like that behind the manifold deep in engine and collecting crap underneath so I was advised to get it relocated. The vacuum hoes are shorter now so the travel distance should be better. Btw had this codes before all of this....

Blantche

Reaction score
Update, changing the 1922 W0 sensor fix the problems :) I'm glad for your help and tips.

lfe

Reaction score
It exists, show him the drawing I showed in this thread.