What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P0299 error

lolian

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My car suffering from P0299 problem, when the service light comes on (Engine repair needed), the car goes to limp mode with no turbo until next start. The service light will turn itself off as soon as there is boost after next start.

Here is how to trigger it. Push the car up to higher rev to about 4000 rpm.

What I have done so far:
I replaced the turbocharger, the turbo oil feed pipe and the Air Intake Turbo Hose.

but still suffering from this problem, Any thoughts? I am a little lost this time...

Nemi

Reaction score
I had this problem as well.

HPFP was replaced a few months ago before I got this error code so I ruled out HPFP. I had my turbo refurbished, but that didn't help. I also replaced the diverter valve but still no luck. My next guess (after reading Is my turbo done? Fault code p0299) was turbo pressure regulation electrovalve but then I crashed my RCZ and forgot about this code 🤷‍♂️

I guess you can start with the diverter valve. Take it out, check for cracks or just replace it while you are at it. It shouldn't cost a lot.

lfe

Reaction score
Try cleaning the two pressure sensors.

One is between the intercooler and the throttle body, very easy to remove.

The other one is in the intake manifold, to access it you have to remove the air filter box.

They can be cleaned with a contact cleaner spray.