What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P0087 fault Help needed!!

Dennisdyer

Reaction score
I have just ordered a new sensor and will update once fitted. Thanks Pete.

Dennisdyer

Reaction score
Well old pressure sensor off and new Pressure sensor fitted ( which was awkward to say the least ). On start up pressure risen to approx. 800PSI and stayed like this on Idle. I took it for a drive and it drove great. Thought I'd cracked it but when left for an hour, tested again to find pressure stayed at 80PSI - Depollution fault came back on. Back to the drawing board I'm afraid,

New pressure switch on fuel rail fitted
New High pressure fuel pump fitted recently
Both Lambda sensors fitted
New plugs
New battery

??????????????

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like your having a nightmare :crazy: what’s the mileage? And does anyone know what this Depollution fault means?
Hope you get to the bottom of this :eusa-think:

Dennisdyer

Reaction score
Thanks Neil,

Depollution Fault normally appears on diesel cars but every time it comes on my petrol Peugeot 3008 it shows the code P0087 which is fuel rail pressure too low, which it is at the time.
I tried it again this morning and the rail pressure is showing between 90 and 100 PSI.
I think if the rail pressure is low, the fuel rail sensor should send a signal to the solenoid valve on the high pressure fuel pump to open it up, this will then the high pressure of fuel into the fuel rail which should be approx. 800 PSI on idle which it isn't doing.

I've had a lot of faults on over the past year which one by one I've diagnosed and repaired I just cant get round this one at the moment.

I will keep plodding on and update if I get to the bottom of this.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Dennisdyer said:
Thanks Neil,

Depollution Fault normally appears on diesel cars but every time it comes on my petrol Peugeot 3008 it shows the code P0087 which is fuel rail pressure too low, which it is at the time.
I tried it again this morning and the rail pressure is showing between 90 and 100 PSI.
I think if the rail pressure is low, the fuel rail sensor should send a signal to the solenoid valve on the high pressure fuel pump to open it up, this will then the high pressure of fuel into the fuel rail which should be approx. 800 PSI on idle which it isn't doing.

I've had a lot of faults on over the past year which one by one I've diagnosed and repaired I just cant get round this one at the moment.

I will keep plodding on and update if I get to the bottom of this.

DennisDyer,

Just to clarify is this fault on your diesel RCZ or is it on your petrol 3008 ?

Dennisdyer

Reaction score
Hi Neil,

Its a petrol engine 1.6 2010 model 3008.
Just in the process of stripping it down again to take off the 12 volt connection off the high pressure fuel pump. The last thing I can think is it is not supplying the voltage to bring in the solenoid valve, Hopefully find this out tomorrow.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for you mate :thumbup:

Dennisdyer

Reaction score
Well its been a few days and ill give you an update.
Basically I've replaced all components apart from the in tank fuel pump,
so I decided to take off the 12Volt connection to the high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) and test the voltage when the car was running but cold, I did have the 12 Volt supply there so I was confident there was no electrical problem there but I also checked the pressure when the connection was off and I was still getting 80 PSI ???

My thoughts then took me to the in tank fuel pump as this is the only Item in the circuit that hasn't been changed, Although it was delivering petrol to the HPFP - Was it enough fuel being delivered.

Well I took it out of the tank and at the bottom of the pump there were 3 tabs which when removed you could see a type of filter bag - must be why there is no fuel filter on this model.

It appeared quite clear but rubbed it with a clean cloth and there were 2 valves in there which I blew out too,
On putting it back together and rebuilding everything to my surprise everything appears to work.

I left it a few hours to cool and tested again to find its ok.

So after hours of googling, car in 3 garages including Peugeot I am pretty sure the fault was with the intank fuel pump. I am going to monitor over the next week or two but fingers crossed and everything else it is now sorted.

Thanks Pete / Neil for your advice,

Appreciated.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yay! Great news if you have managed to sort it :clap: why is it always the last thing you look at :eusa-think:

Once upon a time I had an Audi 80 which had issues with the auto choke. 3 visits into dealership, several new and expensive parts fitted, still having same issues. This had gone on for months.
Random conversation with a guy down my street - turns out his 80 had the same issues & a mechanic friend of his said “Oh it’s just an airlock they are known for it” took him 10 minutes to sort it.
Bonnet up, airlock found & sorted in 10 minutes. So much for dealer “experts”
I did raise the issue with Audi, but they stood up for their dealership saying they had followed the correct procedures, ignoring the fact they had also made several hundred pounds out of me replacing perfectly good parts. :eek: :evil:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Great news it looks like you’ve sorted it! :clap: just shows how sometimes it’s the most improbable part that lets the whole show down, how long would that have taken and cost a dealer to sort?
Good on you for your tenacity hopefully it’s paid off :dance:

Maestro

Reaction score
Dennisdyer said:
Well its been a few days and ill give you an update.
Basically I've replaced all components apart from the in tank fuel pump,
so I decided to take off the 12Volt connection to the high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) and test the voltage when the car was running but cold, I did have the 12 Volt supply there so I was confident there was no electrical problem there but I also checked the pressure when the connection was off and I was still getting 80 PSI ???

My thoughts then took me to the in tank fuel pump as this is the only Item in the circuit that hasn't been changed, Although it was delivering petrol to the HPFP - Was it enough fuel being delivered.

Well I took it out of the tank and at the bottom of the pump there were 3 tabs which when removed you could see a type of filter bag - must be why there is no fuel filter on this model.

It appeared quite clear but rubbed it with a clean cloth and there were 2 valves in there which I blew out too,
On putting it back together and rebuilding everything to my surprise everything appears to work.

I left it a few hours to cool and tested again to find its ok.

So after hours of googling, car in 3 garages including Peugeot I am pretty sure the fault was with the intank fuel pump. I am going to monitor over the next week or two but fingers crossed and everything else it is now sorted.

Thanks Pete / Neil for your advice,

Appreciated.

Hello I have 207 RC 2009 with THP engine
and my problem is when I start the car its start badly , "engine management fault" light up and check engine light too with code p0087 low feul ... somtime the car works almost good and after few mints same problem

My Q is do you have same symptoms befor you fix it??