What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P0016 crank-cam position correlation

A

Anonymous

Apologies if this query is in another thread. I did try and search, but couldn't find the exact code description.

First thing to say is that I'm not a car buff and have very little knowledge of how a car works. Had my 12 plate RCZ 1.6thp since Sept 2015, but have not really had any luck with it. Engine light recently came on (again) with P0016 (but don't think it said the above description). Took it to a local mechanic that I've used before with my wife's car and he replaced both the cam and crank sensors (and an oil leak in the turbo!). OK when dropped off, but next morning, the damn engine light came back on after about half a mile and my obd diagnosed as the same fault code with the above description. If it isn't the sensors, has anyone got an idea what else it could be? Could it be something as simple as he's not fitted the sensors correctly/fitted faulty sensors?

Since I got the car, have had a new timing belt/chain, coil packs & spark plugs replaced, water & coolant somethings replaced as they were leaking and a few new various sensors. I do really like the car (apart from the reliability) & enjoy driving it when working, but unfortunately, come to the end of my tether and with a heavy heart, intend to sell it - but obviously need to get the engine light sorted out before selling it. So any comments/ideas would be gratefully received.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
probably the timing isn't right
how long ago did you change the belt?
did you change all the parts required or just the belt?
have you thought to change mechanic?

A

Anonymous

Will have to check past bills when I get home, but think that it was done 12-15 months ago. As to what was done, I haven't a clue, hopefully will be detailed on the bill when I look. Seem to recall it was a few hundred quid so assume all parts replaced rather than just belt

Used 2 x different mechanics, so I have either been unlucky with my choice of mechanics, or unlucky with my choice of car. With hindsight should probably have gone to Peugeot dealer, but cash payment and assumed cheaper price went to local garage instead, as always been pleased with them in the past

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have definitely read on here somewhere (may have been a few years ago now) cam sensor failing. I seem to remember similar fault codes showing. I believe the sensor may have had to be replaced a couple of times? Worth a few searches on here as it might help you out if you can find the post.