What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P0012 code

Scott1973

Reaction score
Hi all.

Another day another problem with my rcz. Got in the car the other day and it came up with repair needed with code p0012. Took out oil pressure valve and was full of crap stopping the oil from getting through. Cleaned that off but still coming up with the same code. Also its started to smoke when idle or sitting at traffic lights when I pull away. Any suggestions what this could be and how do I get rid of the code

Pedro

Reaction score
P0012 "A" Camshaft position-Timing over retarded Bank 1

Pedro

Reaction score
Running on Filthy oil spells the death knell for these engines as their direct injection firing which means if its emitting smoke & not condensate then its possible you need the valve chambers cleaning (walnut blasting) not sure Turbo could be issue its possible your wastegate may be causing probs which will also mean smoke out of the exhaust?

Pedro

Reaction score
I believe its a lot cheaper than a new or recon engine some quotes I've seen are around £150-185 up to £250 depends who you get to do the job