What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Overboost function

Tomas_90

Reaction score
The THP200 is said to have the overboost function going momentarily from 255 Nm to 275 Nm right.

When does this kick in exactly? Anyone have specifics?

On Wikipedia it says: An overboost function is available which temporarily increases torque to 192 lb-ft (260 N·m) between 1700 rpm and 4500 rpm in gears 3 to 5.

But this is for the THP175 engine in the 207 GTi. Does the same apply to the THP200 also then?

pete.garratt

Reaction score
If you press the throttle pedal slowly all the way down you will feel an extra bit of resistance very near the bottom. Pushing the pedal past this point takes you into over boost territory.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
If you press the throttle pedal slowly all the way down you will feel an extra bit of resistance very near the bottom. Pushing the pedal past this point takes you into over boost territory.
I read that was just the cruise control override function. Sure it's for the overboost aswell? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
pete.garratt said:
I read that was just the cruise control override function. Sure it's for the overboost aswell? :eusa-think:
I believe Pete to be correct, any pressure on any pedal will cancel cruise control.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Yes that of course. But i didn't mean cruise control as such actually, but the speed limiter :lol:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
If you put your foot down quite quickly while on the speed limiter, it overrides it until you go u der that speed again. Or at least it did on mine once.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Is anyone able to confirm the above? Is the overboost a function on all THP200s? Is it only for gears 3-5? I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Thanks

rcz200it

Reaction score
All petrol and diesel Peugeot engines have overboost from 3rd gear to top gear , in the specific case of the 200 thp boost goes from 250nm to 275nm with overboost, all official figures of max torque therefore are intended with overboost at correspondant revs stated.

rcz200it

Reaction score
Therefore with accelerator fully depressed the torque goes from 250nm to 275nm constant through a range when depressed from a range of 1700revs till 4500 revs for a limited time which usually goes for a maximum period of 30 seconds approximately.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Thanks heaps for the confirmation mate. Pity it's not second gear too ;)

freelockuk

Reaction score
Can confirm its there..
press pedal hard and theres a switch you can feel click.
on my old car 207 gti they say press then off then press again like a kick down.
could see the over boost on the gauge.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
rcz200it said:
All petrol and diesel Peugeot engines have overboost from 3rd gear to top gear , in the specific case of the 200 thp boost goes from 250nm to 275nm with overboost, all official figures of max torque therefore are intended with overboost at correspondant revs stated.

except for the RCZ R. It doesn't have overboost