What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Outside Temperature Sensor.

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
Not quite sure what's its called but my temperature reading for outside the car has been acting up lately.
Take yesterday for example, It was clearly not 35 degrees, but that's the reading I had.
Has anyone else had a problem with this ? If so is this easily solved ?
I'm thinking its just a sensor. No idea where this is on the car, manual very limited. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Peugeot use to put them in the wing mirror housing, not sure where they are no the RCZ though but its probably the first place to look :)

A

Anonymous

On mine its on the bottom of the drivers door mirror if the car is stationary in the sun and you have dark mirrors it is suprising how hot they get, my DS3 used to do similar and then read correctly once you were moving as the air cooled the mirror housing down.

Cheers
Nick

A

Anonymous

Mine is the 2.0 hd gti. When stood on the drive in the sun it always reads about 4 to 5 degrees above what it is as the car is driven-but only this small amount. Pretty sure it is in one of the mirrors.

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
Yes I think I've found the sensor on bottom of drivers side mirror. Thanks.But must be a problem somewhere as it read 30 degrees on my way home just now 11 pm. Has anyone had a problem with this ? Do you think this would be covered by the Peugeot Approved plus warranty ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

It may be the heater elements in the side mirror have been activated due to the cold weather and that is being picked up by the sensor. Does the sensor always read 30deg consistently everytime you drive the vehicle?

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
No it changes constantly,up and down. Not a problem last week. Showing cold in the night and the right temperature in the day. When I travel to work there's a big digital tempreture reading on the side of a hotel and was always spot on before.
Not sure what to do about it ??

A

Anonymous

Ok, it seems like its definitely working but may be picking up some sort of heat sink or may have gone out of calibration. If its bugging you then take it to Peugeot and get it checked, i would be surprised if its not covered under warranty.

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
It's booked in local Peugeot dealers next Tuesday. He said it should be under warranty.
It's not a big thing but if it's not working and covered by warranty then get it fixed.
It's gonna cost me though cause the only place to go is Cardiff City centre while waiting and the wife wants to come with me.. First stop will probably be NEXT..
thanks for the info...

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
UPDATE...Took it to dealers 9.00am. Got it on diagnosis machine at 14.00. Got a call saying that sensor was faulty, but they want to check wiring as its not getting the right signal.
They want it for 2 days to take door lining off and check wiring loom right back to source.
Need to hire a car from them for the 2 days, as I can't be without a car.
All (should) be covered by warranty.
Going in on 13/14 April. :thumbdown:

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
No mention of courtesy car. I got a platinum warranty. Not gold. It's only £12 a day.
Might be a 108. Not looking forward to driving that.....
Do you think it should have been a courtesy car ?

2retro

Reaction score
Well if they were fixing my car under warranty I would kinda hope/expect a courtesy car to be offered whilst mine is off the road but check the small-print on your warranty agreement...

A

Anonymous

If I were going to a main dealer or large garage chain I'd expect a courtesy car, warranty or not. My old Vauxhalls were many years beyond warranty but I always, always got a free courtesy car from the Vauxhall dealer I used for repairs. Maybe they're charging you an insurance fee, not actual car hire?

A

Anonymous

Sounds like insurance fee. I paid a similar amount for 24 hours while Z serviced.

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
Yes I think you might be right there. You wouldn't pay £12 a day to hire a car. It's just the thought of being in a 108 after driving the GT.
Will let you know what they done in the end. Going in 13/14 April.