What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Our Pug man

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
I feel that we are very lucky to be so well served by our local Pug man.
Since 2005, he has looked after our fleet, no matter the marque.
Today, no sooner had the Jag been off loaded from the transporter than boss man himself was under the bonnet looking for a rattle he wanted to trace and fix.
The taller (workshop) is one of the main employers of the village with over a dozen workers.
The equipment and lifts are all modern and part funded by Peugeot as is the fascia of the building; all very corporate image.
But behind this glossy facade is an old fashioned "yes, we can do it" attitude and rarely a sucking of teeth and rubbing of chin.
From the boss down they are amazingly honest with their approach to something new, and will be quite happy for me to read an English instruction sheet, and via the missus, share the info with a mechanic.
Their bodyshop and paint section is top notch.
Add to this a pragmatic and non-greedy way of solving silly problems, and we have at our disposal a hybrid of new tech Peugeot franchise and an old blacksmith type of workshop.
In the last fifteen years (in addition to regular services):
- A new wing on the Mondeo, where a local lass misused her clutch and walloped it, was fitted and was sprayed to be a perfect match.
- Same Mondeo had the undertray crack and flapping, so self tapper applied for ten euros.
- Overheating Linhai ATV was traced to Chinese coolant changing to a gel and not circulating.
- 207, and later, the 5008, both proved to be wider than the gap being negotiated, so local paint job and good as new.
- Zero radiator took a hit (stone) so front end dismantled and rad sent away for fixing, then all put back together, no probs.
- new 108 had a recall and whole engine replaced, perfect job.
- 407 sat nav screen went silly, with a temperamental "will I, won't I work, today" fault. Screen replaced and all tickety-boo.
- Son-in-law's Chrysler 500C was leaking fuel at an alarming rate. Bad routing (standard) found and new pipe and modification to edge causing rubbing. Problem solved.
Present labour rate thirty five euros an hour.
They put all our vehicles, once four years old, through the ITV (MoT), with a checkover beforehand.
ATV and Zero always taken to a private ITV test centre because nearest state one (35kms) huff and puff about "non-standard", over an hour away (100kms) on small transporter.
All traceable work goes through the books and paid by card, but much is paid in black (metalica - cash) with a scribbled "nota" instead of a factura (invoice) with IVA (VAT); normal way of things here. :eusa-shhh:

Attachments

• fl.jpg
    fl.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 494