What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Our dolphin blue (belgian) RCZ is ordered!

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

2 weeks ago I finally did it.
I went to several dealers until I got a really good offer.

I decided to book a testdrive with the RCZ they had there. It was a stunning Mercury grey 2.0 HDi with the 19 inch Sortilège alloys.
Although the drive took only half an hour, it was long enough to convince me about this car. The overall feel the car gives you with the road and what's happening at the weels, the handling, the acceleration, the looks on the outside aswell on the inside...

So... we ordered!

This will be our RCZ:

RCZ 1.6 THP 200 hp
Dolphin ("Tuanake") Blue
Easy motion pack
18 inch "original" alloys

And that's really all. The leather looks great, but we decided the cloth seats are good enough, especially looking at the price difference of about € 2300.

No 19 inch too. We found the ride just a little bit too harsh and if you know the Belgian roads are in very bad condition, my wife and I decided not to take the risk.
The 18 inch ones still look very good. They are, if you look closely at them, already in a light grey finish, didn't know that.

So now, I am eagerly waiting for our car to arrive, at the latest by the 15th of June... :thumbup:

PS: Now we are driving a black Honda Civic 2.2 i-CDTi Sport with 140 hp. Great car, but its time has come to make room for an even better one ;)

A

Anonymous

:greetings-wavingblue: welcome enjoy when you get her .dolphin blue :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm sure you will love it RCZJerome. Sounds very nice.
The ride on the 18 inch wheels is very good you won't be disappointed. :)

A

Anonymous

great choice but i am sure you will go back to the new honda civic when it suits i had a look at the new civic it was in the pearlescent white a true white ;) and it sparkled i admit not as flambouyant as the rcz more of a next gen like the golf so not a big facelift but engineering wise :thumbup: but better built and far,far more durable i cant wait on the new civic type R Coming out ;) :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Good choices...it's pretty much my car, except for the interior. I agree with you on the wheels, 18" is perfect for the 200 HP.

Good luck with the countdown!

A

Anonymous

@jassyo06

I got to see the new civic 2012 - I was present at its launch in Belgium a couple of months ago - but I didn't have the "wow"-feeling when seeing it. The previous model (which I still drive currently) was much more futuristic and not affraid to completely distinguish itself from the Golfs, A3's etc.

The first reviews were not that promising either. The ride of the new Civic is not as stiff and sporty as the old one and the petrol engines have totally lost their spirit due to all sorts of technical changes to get better fuel economy. Regarding the diesel in the Civic, it's a great engine with loads of torque, but it has one major flaw: the DPF. Every 400 km it has to regenerate for about 30 km, causing the engine to consume up to 10 l / 100 km (!!) instead of the usual 7 and a massive 1 second lag on the throttle response. Those nasty DPF-regeneration systems are one of the reasons I didn't want to have a diesel anymore and choose now for a petrol (high revs and better sound are the other 2 reasons ;) ). Is the HDI-engine of the RCZ any better in that area? Hope so...

I see you mention the legendary Type R... My Honda dealer said it would not arrive till late 2013. Couldn't wait till then, so I decided Honda was no option for me anymore. A pitty, because they do make really good cars.

But I hear the RCZ is the first Peugeot to be of exceptional build quality, as it is made in Magna Steyr in Austria. They are currently building these cars:

Aston Martin Rapide - since 2010
Mini Countryman (Crossover) – since 2010
Peugeot RCZ - since 2010
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG aluminum body - since 2009
Mercedes-Benz G-Class – since 1979

If you see this list, you know the RCZ is in very good company :D

Hope it will prove itself to be that good too :)

Fingers crossed! ;)

A

Anonymous

Although I'm from the Dutch speaking part of Belgium, I will definitely check out this forum, thanks!

A

Anonymous

Joske said:
That's the 4th Blue RCZ I know in Belgium. :clap: :clap: (3 already on Peugeotforum.Be ) :eusa-whistle:

Who said that blue was rare ?? :dance:

A

Anonymous

What is it with you choclate makers :lol: all buying Flipper blue :crazy: good job they dont do metallic brown :lol:

A

Anonymous

Why blue?

First of all, I like the blue a lot. I think it's a very sporty colour and it's still classy.

Secondly, I think there are just too many dark grey and white RCZ's in Belgium.
If you see one here, there is a very good chance it's one in one those 2 colours.

So, some more blue RCZ's will provide a welcome variety here :)

A

Anonymous

RCZJerome said:
Why blue?

First of all, I like the blue a lot. I think it's a very sporty colour and it's still classy.

Secondly, I think there are just too many dark grey and white RCZ's in Belgium.
If you see one here, there is a very good chance it's one in one those 2 colours.

So, some more blue RCZ's will provide a welcome variety here :)

IT's same reasons for me :D too many black-grey-white in Belgium

:greetings-wavingblue: :greetings-wavingblue: :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

You can never have too many Pearl White RCZ's in any country!

A

Anonymous

:greetings-wavingblue: welcome Good choices...dolphin blue :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: