What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Other makes alloys and offset compatibility

Helmski

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been searching for a set of 19" wheels for a while and there are none about that are within my budget. I am wondering if other makes wheels would fit. Just for example would a 19" Citroen wheel fit? Is there any other manufacturers I could be looking at?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hi Helmski,

It might be a case if possible to go to a breakers / scrapyard and try a couple of different makes with the same 5 stud configuration. As Peugeot are part of the PSA group that includes Citroen there is a good chance in my opinion since they share many parts, that wheels would also be compatible from within the group.

On a secondary point have you not seen the posts by Neilgsxr69 with the wheels he has and has seen, all of these were well under £1000 for the full set.

Cheers and good luck with your hunt, don't forget to post your findings !! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Helmski

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply bud. I appreciate it. If I find anything I'll certainly update you all

Helmski

Reaction score
Found an absolute bargain but a bit of work involved

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-F...2BAVBktuW0%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

An extra £70 for the 20mm spacers and I managed to get 2 x Goodyear F1s 5-6mm tread and 2x Goodyear Excellence 4-5mm tread (Run flat) for £130. 245/40/19

Only issue is the bore of the Jag alloy. 1.7mm too small but I know a guy who will bore these out for a measly £20.

The amazing coincidence is I really wanted the original Solstice and was gonna have the black changed to Gun metal grey at a cost of £300 but just look how similar they are to the Solstice and in absolute mint condition. Overall very very happy. Unless someone can point out a flaw I have overlooked

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
These are gonna look great on your Z :dance: you’ll need a bore size of 65.1 then they will sit perfectly on a set of hubcentric spacers without the need for spigot rings :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yes I'll second that, and what a find, they are so alike. They are going to look fab. Send some pictures when you've sorted them on the car. Cheers M.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to panic you but something I’ve just come across on instagram, something worth thinking about when customising alloy wheels,

This guy needed more clearance for his big brake kit and machined a little off his alloys to make them fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_8027.jpg
    IMG_8027.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 962
  • IMG_8028.jpg
    IMG_8028.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 962
  • IMG_8026.jpg
    IMG_8026.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 962
  • IMG_8029.jpg
    IMG_8029.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 962

Helmski

Reaction score
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Is it wrong to find this funny.

I think I'll be ok with 1.7m bore 10mm deep on the inside. I'm not going all the way through. Just enough for the spacers nose to sit flush.

On other news... just found out the seller nipped out to the shops when the TNT courier (that I arranged) showed up to collect the wheels. Now TNT say I need to order all over again with no refund as per their Ts&Cs. The seller did state that he would be willing to post but buyer arranging courier at their risk and expense. I know about the risk bit but how would you handle this one?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well I'm just the wrong guy to ask lol.

You lot know why !!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Helmski

Reaction score
Hahah. Yeah I read the thread. This guy is not a known RCZ forum member though

Helmski

Reaction score
Does a anyone know if aftermarket extended bolts will be ok? I just e-mailed the guy who is supplying my spacers and bolts and told him that the alloy is not an aftermarket alloy and if I could get extended OEM bolts. He then cancelled my order and refunded me.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
remember Peugeot bolts may not seat correctly in the jag alloys :eusa-think: you need to check if there are differences between the two manufacturers bolts. Thread and seat :thumbup:

Helmski

Reaction score
Regardless I will need extended bolts due to the 20mm spacer. Thread doesn't matter but it's the seat that counts. As far as I can see the jag uses nuts and not bolts and the nuts look to be tapered as opposed to the flat seated Z bolts so the aftermarket bolts might just do the job as they are tapered. I'll soon find out when I see the wheels in person. Getting excited to see them and looking for decent winter tyres now as I want them on all year round :)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick bit of homework and your Peugeot wheel bolts won’t fit your jaguar alloys jaguar uses 14mm 1.5m lug nuts not bolts, the Peugeot bolts are 12mm 1.5m having looked at images of the Jaguar lug nuts you should be able to use longer wheel bolts with 45 degrees seat used for use with aftermarket alloys.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
You beat me to that :thumbup: sounds like you’ve got it sussed :thumbup:

Helmski

Reaction score
And that is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you buddy.

So, the lug nuts are 14mm but the aftermarket extended are only 12mm. Will the 2mm be an issue you reckon?