What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Open Trunk from inside

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone! Does anybody know how to open the trunk from inside the car?

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

xmark said:
Hi everyone! Does anybody know how to open the trunk from inside the car?

Cheers!

Hey xmark? Welcome to the forum! I'm not entirely certain why you'd want to do this? :eusa-think: Are you a marked man fearful of kidnapping attempts? :eek: Or (and far less excitingly) is it just because your partner can't get the shopping in the boot while you're sitting with the engine on? PLEASE tell me it's the former!! Not that I want your life to be in danger you understand but, I'm already envisaging you as an international man of mystery in danger from the dastardly villains of a foiled ruse!!

On a less abstract and fantastical note, my original query remains. What do you mean by how do you open it from the inside and for what purpose? I'm not sure I fully understand. I'm sure we'll be able to answer your query but I think a little more info might better place us to help you.

RCZ1

Reaction score
If you mean is there a switch on the dashboard to open the boot then I'm sorry but there isn't.

You can open the boot by pressing and holding the middle button on your key fob or when all your doors are unlocked by pressing the switch under the rim near where the number plate is located.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle / RCZ1,

Thank you for the quick reply. I got my RCZ a couple of weeks ago and I love it.
I am not in danger and I do not have the shopping problem anymore. I divorced my ex end of 2012. No worries I am happy. I am single and enjoying my new toy. This is one of the reason I finally got the car I wanted. hahaha.

The only reason I want to open the trunk / boot from inside is because sometimes I go to pick up a friend, I am waiting with the engine on, and I want to pop up the trunk so my friend (who does not have a clue how to open it) can place his tennis bag in the trunk. I can probably do it with the key, but kind of uncomfortable if the engine is on.

I appreciate the help and comments.

I got a manual, 200HP, in back with white leather seats.

Cheers,

xmark

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Mark and I hope your car gives you more joy than your ex ;)

Please post some pics of your car, if you get chance. We all like to see pics.
Feel free to ask any questions that you have :)

A

Anonymous

I asked the same thing when I bought the car. Unfortunately you cannot open the trunk/boot from the inside.

I feel that there's a couple of features that are standard on other makes but are missing on the RCZ.

For example:

Boot release from inside
Fuel cap release from inside
Automatic closing of windows on locking the car
Automatic closing of spoiler on locking the car
Space saver wheel & jack

Little things, yet things that could make a big difference. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I agree with you totally jactac all missing and should all be standard.

A

Anonymous

You are right about some of the little things missing jactac. My other Pugs have had the 'Automatic closing of windows on locking the car' so has my Mum's currant 508 and last 2 407's and she never goes for high spec. It was something I expected to come standard.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Same here. My 2001 307 XSi had it too and would then also close the (optional) glass sunroof too, so surprised the RCZ doesn't have it.
Regarding the boot, I'm pretty sure the middle key button also works with key in ignition and car running.

RCZ1

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
Regarding the boot, I'm pretty sure the middle key button also works with key in ignition and car running.

I've not been brave enough to try that in case it caused a problem with the electronics/immobiliser or something. :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
frankvdb said:

I've not been brave enough to try that in case it caused a problem with the electronics/immobiliser or something. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
frankvdb said:

I'm gonna give it a go later when Mrs H decides to make her way home and pull herself away from Sunday shopping. :evil:

I cant see it causing a problem with the electrics, it will either work or wont, surely :?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Just with the key in the ignition with the engine running, pressing the middle button could "confuse" things. It maybe won't, but personally I don't want to take that unnecessary risk.

A

Anonymous

I can't see it causing an issue with electrics - peugeot would be very silly if they let it do that. I would say it is unlikely to work though - you would think they would prevent it from working as there could be a possibility of the boot being opened whilst driving - lets say for example that your passenger has the spare key and presses the button - if the motor is running it should not let the boot open. I don't know how other cars function but I suspect that it is the same - no working boot button all the time the engine is running.

RCZ1

Reaction score
johnw said:
I can't see it causing an issue with electrics - peugeot would be very silly if they let it do that. I would say it is unlikely to work though - you would think they would prevent it from working as there could be a possibility of the boot being opened whilst driving - lets say for example that your passenger has the spare key and presses the button - if the motor is running it should not let the boot open. I don't know how other cars function but I suspect that it is the same - no working boot button all the time the engine is running.

Well I think, we are in agreement one way or the other :)

A

Anonymous

As luck would have it I just tried this before reading the latest posts here and I can confirm with the engine running the middle remote button won't open the boot. Once the engine is off the middle button is re-enabled and the boot opens.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
While on the subject, is there any facility (pull cord etc) to open the boot in the event of a power failure :?:

Good point :clap:

Even if you manually opened the door with the key, the boot can only open via the powered central locking :eusa-think: :crazy:

Something else to add to the "should be standard" list eh !

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
As luck would have it I just tried this before reading the latest posts here and I can confirm with the engine running the middle remote button won't open the boot. Once the engine is off the middle button is re-enabled and the boot opens.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I can confirm this too I tried when I went to pick my partner up her hands were full of shopping bags so I tried to pop the boot if the key is in the ignition it won't work even with engine off.

A

Anonymous

I also have tried with keys in to open boot (engine running or off) and it dont work !
In dire emergency you can get in the boot, but this involves removing some trim in the rear of the car and dropping the seats, if I recall correctly.

Paul