What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Only read if you have changed a timing chain tensioner yourself

MJZ

Reaction score
I’m tying to get the attention of anyone who has changed a tensioner themselves. Hence the change of heading…thank you for reading….

To all those of you that have changed the timing chain tensioner yourself. Can you please tell me if the washer, that comes with a new tensioner, does it sit flush with the engine block, in its own seat or does it sit proud of the engine block?

Why do I ask? When I removed the tensioner, the washer was not on it. I could just make out a washer sitting in its own recess within the engine block…see photo (it’s the best I could take but you can just make out the lines of a washer). But I couldn’t remove it, if it was the washer, it was stuck fast. I assumed it was the washer, as no other washer came off with the tensioner. I replaced the tensioner without a new washer. I don’t have any oil leaks or rattles and the engine runs fine.

So…does the washer sit in its own seat or not? Please, someone let me know….thank you

Attachments

• 0E005583-68C8-4CF4-B0D1-4111C3995005.jpeg
    0E005583-68C8-4CF4-B0D1-4111C3995005.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 4