What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

One thing leads to another ...

A

Anonymous

Despite picking my car up on 1st September, I've only been driving it since Monday (having got it back after clutch investigations).

A couple of long-ish trips meant the front wheels were filthy with brake dust, so I thought I'd be good and go and clean them.

Once that was done I thought I may as well give the rest of the old girl a wash; she'll only need a quick rinse down I thought - bound to be able to finish that before it gets dark (NOT) :thumbdown:

I'll have to wait until the morning now to see how clean (or otherwise she actually is) - I've got a feeling I'll be finishing the job tomorrow :oops:

A

Anonymous

Glad your back in the car Maf and hopefully enjoying her. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I took some advice for best treatments for mine,even though I havent got my RCZ yet. I was told to give the alloys a couple of coats with Racing gLaz rim wax. This should give them a good coat and brake dust doesnt stick, it simply brushes off. I am definately going to try this before I do any significant miles,if my car ever gets dilivered !! :sleeping-yellow:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Glad to see you are looking after your RCZ ! There's no such thing as a quick wash in my book. A quick wash for me takes 3 hours!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Glad to see you are looking after your RCZ ! There's no such thing as a quick wash in my book. A quick wash for me takes 3 hours!

I was out there for a couple of hours - I probably would have kept going but it got too dark to see what I was doing :crazy:

A

Anonymous

This detailing stuff is starting to take over my world! I have difficult access to my outside tap so I've ordered a wee thingy called a bubble washer that's pump-operated (a bit like those spray things for your roses) and I'll use it to rinse the car (won't use the brush attachment). But I found when washing my baby that, with me being a short-a$*, I couldn't reach the centre of the roof. So, today I spent another pretty penny in Halfords buying Meguire's gold class shampoo/conditioner (never knew cars needed conditioner :lol: ), a lovely big cloth for drying, Rain-x spray for me windies and a telescopic gizmo with a nice soft chenille mitt for the roof. No excuse now for not gleaming (apart from the lousy weather :( :thumbdown: ). :dance:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

Yep, yep & yep...I'm on your wave-length completely :thumbup: No such thing as a 'quick' wash especially in this house, even if that's the intention at the start. A commonly used statement from my wife (yes, my wife cleans my cars, & she brilliant at it, but now I'm getting into it too), is " I'll just finish this then I'll be in darling"......................1 hour later & she says it again.....2 hours later later again, & it goes on & on & on!

Finally (8 hours or more have been know on several occasions), she's finished, & WOW, my 6 year old car is gleaming in & out & looks brand new again! :eek: :clap:

However, I'm really looking forward to us caring for our new arrival together......for hours at a time :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
MARTHAMAY22 said:
RCZ1 said:

Yep, yep & yep...I'm on your wave-length completely :thumbup: No such thing as a 'quick' wash especially in this house, even if that's the intention at the start. A commonly used statement from my wife (yes, my wife cleans my cars, & she brilliant at it, but now I'm getting into it too), is " I'll just finish this then I'll be in darling"......................1 hour later & she says it again.....2 hours later later again, & it goes on & on & on!

Finally (8 hours or more have been know on several occasions), she's finished, & WOW, my 6 year old car is gleaming in & out & looks brand new again! :eek: :clap:

However, I'm really looking forward to us caring for our new arrival together......for hours at a time :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

Exactly. If a job's worth doing - it's worth doing properly :lol:

I've tried to get my hubby involved too - but he's very reluctant. He'll sometimes buff off some wax for me - but that's about it :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

How come theres so many females on here that are into detailing or even just cleaning their cars. It's amazing, I don't think my wife's ever washed her own car.

Good on you!

RCZ1

Reaction score
khatkar said:
How come theres so many females on here that are into detailing or even just cleaning their cars. It's amazing, I don't think my wife's ever washed her own car.

Good on you!

Well thank you kind sir :beer:

Well we all work hard (yes even you men!) to be able to afford our RCZs - so naturally we want to look after them too :p