What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil top up

Callum2901

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have aPeugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 2010

wondered if anyone knows how much oil I should put in I topped the oil up as the warning came up for low oil, I put 1 litre in and checked the dip stick and was fine but the warning is still showing in the diagnostic screen?

thanks
Cal

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Give it 24 hours & see if it resets itself. If it still shows, It might be a sensor fault. 1ltr would be enough to get the low oil light off.

its hard to tell you how much to put in as we don’t know how low the level was, best off adding a small amount at a time then wipe the dipstick & recheck. You really want to try to keep it as close to the top mark as possible.

Jumper

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have aPeugeot RCZ 1.6 THP 2010

wondered if anyone knows how much oil I should put in I topped the oil up as the warning came up for low oil, I put 1 litre in and checked the dip stick and was fine but the warning is still showing in the diagnostic screen?

thanks
Cal
Hi Callum. Never wait til the warning light comes on! If its your daily drive check it every week on the 156 THP I mean via the dip stick make sure its right up to the nib on the dip stick. If top up required poor it it in slowly and check after each pour until it reaches the nub on the dip stick.

GTlove

Reaction score
its difficult to tell when its topped up on the rcd iv had mine for half a year and still find it difficult to tell

DKZ5745

Reaction score
One way I’ve managed to read the dip stick (only taken me 5 years to work this out)

Dipstick out, wipe & replace. Dipstick out, hold horizontal, and watch the underside of the section between full & empty marks. You will see a “line“ of sorts appear where the top of the oil reaches. Often easier to see this if the sun shines on the dipstick at the same time (not something you can always find in the UK).

DRTDVL

Reaction score
These engine do burn oil, its pretty common for the mini folk that use the same engine. It's roughly 1 ltr per 3000km is what we average and its what I've also read on the mini forums.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I cleaned mine with metal cleaner. Making it shiny seemed to help to make it slightly easier to read.
Which given the number of times a week I checked the oil was rather useful.