What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

oil on top of engine?

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guy's, does anyone know why there would be oil on the top of the engine? I recently had the turbo oil feed pipe replaced and it was leaking really badly. It had a new oil filter and new oil change done then. That was about two weeks ago. I have attached some pics in case someone knows what it is. I tried cleaning it with some tissue to see if it comes bak or if it was just spilt by the mechanic.

Cheers Bob

tempImageruUer3.pngtempImagecEPj0M.pngtempImagetEzDyd.pngtempImagel833o0.png

BobM

Reaction score
Hi Verminator, thanks for the reply. Is that a big fix? What would you recommend?

BobM

Reaction score
Can I use something like this? Or is it a totally different problem to head gasket?

Cheers.

lfe

Reaction score
Or someone spilled some oil when pouring it.

Clean it well and wait to see if it comes back.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Can I use something like this? Or is it a totally different problem to head gasket?

Cheers.
Whatever you do don’t put anything like that in your engine 🤦‍♂️

BobM

Reaction score
Whatever you do don’t put anything like that in your engine 🤦‍♂️
Ok I will not do that then. Thanks for the advice. Do you know if should replace the seal only or the whole rocker cover? I noticed they come in sets when looking is it best practice to replace both once its off?

Cheers Bob

BobM

Reaction score
looks like a spill?
I hope so I have tried to wipe it and see if it re-appears. I have noticed a small drip of oil coming under the car so I am thinking I have a small leak somewhere. I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks for all the help.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Is the drip continuing or could it just be residual from an oil spillage when filling?
I would definitely rule that out for sure before replacing anything.

BobM

Reaction score
Is the drip continuing or could it just be residual from an oil spillage when filling?
I would definitely rule that out for sure before replacing anything.
It looks like it is continuing. After I noticed it I went and checked a couple of other spaces I parked in over the last couple of days. And I saw small bits there too. So it seems unlikely it would drip for this long from a spill? I will see if the oil on the top stays clear now I wiped it. If not I will do the rocker cover replacement at a friends yard. I watched the video and it seems straight forward enough.

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guy's, just an update. I noticed the car had a couple of misfires today mainly just after starting. When I looked online it said this can happen when the gaskets need replacing in the rocker cover because the sparks plugs get oil on them. So I ordered a new rocker cover and gasket set for £65.00. It should arrive tomorrow. I will probably fit it Friday and report back here.

Cheers,

BobM

Reaction score
Hi guy's. I have done this now. It took me about three hours altogether. I was moving at a snails pace to not make any mistakes so it could be done much quicker by someone more competent. I am not sure what they charged in the garage for this but it cost me all in all £66.00 (New rocker cover + gasket) £3.00 Break Cleaner to clean where gasket seals) I probably did not need the new cover so it could be done for about £20 if you replace the gasket only. It is not overly hard just make sure you have access to a torque wrench that goes to 10nm, and screw drivers for jubilee clips etc. it seems to be staying clean on top and was running perfectly once done no EML ETC. I did notices a small oil leak after not sure if this is another issue or the last of the oil seeping off the engine from the old rocker cover. I will keep you guys updated. I do have two quick questions regarding the last two pics for this in the know.

1. Should this pipe have a jubilee clip on it? It is going into the top of the engine on the right hand side.

2. What is the red thing that came with the rocker cover for?

Thank you for all the help much appreciated.

Bob

tempImage78Aq2D.pngtempImageW3DyG6.pngtempImageNCb1ql.pngtempImageWxG9Nr.pngtempImageMj7XEB.pngtempImageHeF0v2.png