What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil management message

A

Anonymous

Hi All.
My White magnetic HDI is showing the message "Oil management level invalid" when I turn the ignition on.
The car had it's first 20,000 mile service 3 weeks ago and there is a good chance this message has been showing since then but I have not noticed!
I have checked the oil and all is okay.
My local dealer has also never seen this message before and today after changing a sensor are now keeping the car for a second day as they don't know what may have caused it.

Has anyone seen this before and if so what did you do?

On a lighter note this is my first summer with my RCZ. As great as it is the seats get bloody hot when left out in the sun!

Thanks
Ty

renegade79

Reaction score
never seen or heard of such message before. keep us posted on what happens in the dealers.

A

Anonymous

Not seen that message or indeed message apart from oil level ok

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Give it a few days and see if it still says it after its been driven a few times.

It may be that the sensors need time to recalibrate after an oil change.

Someone else had this not so long ago and it fixed itself.

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Give it a few days and see if it still says it after its been driven a few times.

It may be that the sensors need time to recalibrate after an oil change.

Someone else had this not so long ago and it fixed itself.

Are you sure Abz? Are you not thinking about the tyre sensors after a wheel change, as I remember that post, but I don't remember this one

A

Anonymous

Hi All.
After two days of the car being at the dealership. They flushed the oil and also changed a sensor which did not work.
Finally they changed the chamber the dip stick sits in and that must have a sensor as well as it has fixed the problem!

Thanks to those that responded.

Have a great weekend

A

Anonymous

Yes, 'twas me that had this issue previously. The fault did clear itself, but has subsequently returned... I tend to just ignore it now :(

A

Anonymous

Had this error on mine last week. I've booked in to have it looked at/sensor changed as it's under Warranty.

A

Anonymous

Please can you let me know the outcome, i.e. What sensor it was, then I can sort mine out.

A

Anonymous

Shall do. As far as I've read there is a sensor at the bottom of the dipstick tube that is the cause. But I'll post back once I know for sure.

A

Anonymous

Just got back from the Stealers, erm Dealers... Apparently, they 're-initalised' the sensor. Either way, it's now reading correctly. 5min Job. If that didn't work it would have been a new sensor.

In case anyone else has the issue, here are more details that I could find. But basically, it's a contact the dealer!

-----

He didn't say, but I had heard there was a sensor towards the bottom of the dip stick. I guess this is the only place it can go to monitor the levels?!

I did find a link on a Russian Citroen forum that detailed it here:
http://3008club.ru/index.php?showtopic= ... um=twitter

You may have to use Google's translate!

But basically it points to the Citroen CS3 handbook here:
http://info.citroen.co.uk/assets/micros ... ndbook.pdf

Page 36, describes the situation we have & advised to contact the Dealer!

A

Anonymous

there is a fault with dip tube on some hdi models, had mine done in march, see my other posts on this.
cheers nasty

A

Anonymous

Must just be one of those "unlucky" things.

I've had three full oil changes and check the oil each month and haven't experienced any problems :thumbup:

Only thing currently showing is my Spanner as I'm due a Service in mid-September (and MOT).

A

Anonymous

Same thing, dealer reckons there is a known defect to do with the length of the dip tube. Hacksaw job I presume.

A

Anonymous

Mine too... Had a couple of weeks of it working ok - then it failed again.

Had a new sensor fitted last week, aaaaaaaand........ It still doesn't work. I just ignore it now.

A

Anonymous

gws73 said:
Mine too... Had a couple of weeks of it working ok - then it failed again.

Had a new sensor fitted last week, aaaaaaaand........ It still doesn't work. I just ignore it now.

Apparently there has been notices sent out by Peugeot to the garages about this defect. Might be worth poking your dealership a bit and seeing what stirs - or try another Peageot garage

A

Anonymous

I'm out of warranty unfortunately - so presume they won't even entertain it.