What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil leak update and abs esp light question ...may help someone else too

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Hi
A few weeks ago I posted about an oil leak that left a drip of oil on the floor but wasn't easily pinpointed. After a very helpful chap spent some time cleaning and checking we seem to have a really small drip coming from the oil pump control electro valve as he calls it. Wonder if anyone has had experience with this.
Also I think I have a faulty speed sensor on front wheel causing the abs light to come on, had this on a previous Peugeot, any suggestion on cleaning these or best to replace.
Thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
You need to code read that fault to eliminate any Electrical problems try & search out Goatz posts on here because he had similar issues he's a handy lad & he can maybe advise you further
You could try cleaning the pick up ring & sensor contact point using brake cleaner or a solvent that evaporates but the experts say don't use heavy degreasers ?

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
You need to code read that fault to eliminate any Electrical problems try & search out Goatz posts on here because he had similar issues he's a handy lad & he can maybe advise you further
You could try cleaning the pick up ring & sensor contact point using brake cleaner or a solvent that evaporates but the experts say don't use heavy degreasers ?
Thanks. Popped to my local garage and fault code points to the sensor. Probably will order a new one. Will look for the posts you suggest tho.
Thanks again

Kerr

Reaction score
Crankshaft oil seals can be a bit leaky.

Is there signs of oil down the right hand side of the engine?

Mine went. I got the fright of my life when I was driving along and suddenly seen smoke in my mirror. The oil was dripping on to the exhaust. It had been dripping for a few weeks before that.

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Crankshaft oil seals can be a bit leaky.

Is there signs of oil down the right hand side of the engine?

Mine went. I got the fright of my life when I was driving along and suddenly seen smoke in my mirror. The oil was dripping on to the exhaust. It had been dripping for a few weeks before that.
Tiny amount at the back of the engine. Couldn't work out where from at first but think we have got it sorted...hopefully...just need to get it fixed. Yes I can imagine that seeing smoke in the mirror would be enough to cause some panic lol...think I would need a lie down

Last edited:

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Re the speed sensor...we replaced that today but fault code still shows , the wheel bearing looks a bit worse for wear so will replace as well.

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
What is the code ?
Good question. My mate / mechanic didnt actually give it to me but said his diagnostic identified front wheel speed sensor issue. He has ordered a new wheel bearing as well as replacing the sensor. I'm going to see him tomorrow so will ask.
I'm not actually paying for the work as I provide the owner with a different service so dont think that I'm getting the run around plus my mate works for him...it is frustrating tho as only had car 4 weeks and miss looking at it lol
Thanks

Last edited: