What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil Leak on 2.0Hdi

williame

Reaction score
Hi,
any info would be helpful on this problem
I have a 2.0 hdi RCZ which has covered 46k and had a replacement cambelt fitted around 4 weeks ago. About a weeks ago when driving I got a check engine oil level warning and when I arrived home checked the dipstick which appeared to show that it was less than half full of oil. I topped it up and it took 2.5 litres to reach the full mark. at the time I thought it strange as it had only recently had a full oil change but I thought that perhaps the amount that was put in at the garage was maybe incorrect. Anyway, driving home from work again on friday, the low oil warning light came on again just as I was about to pull onto my drive. I pulled the dipstick out and it is virtually empty of oil. Then I noticed lots of oil all over the alternator, belts, expansion bottle and pooled around the bottom of the inside body work. car is running perfectly, Not burning oil, has been maintained regardless of cost and makes no unusual noises etc. But it is obvious that a major oil leak has developed, but from where? any ideas anyone.

Pedro

Reaction score
Assuming it wasn't leaking before the garage carried out the work I would take it staright back & ask them to sort it obviously they have not done a proper job if its peeing oil & that could be the front crank pulley seal ( critical when doing a timing chain refit) if its blowing out under pressure

77minty77

Reaction score
Has the oil filter been tightened enough in it ? oil filter seal could be kinked aswell causing a leak, oil filter is at the front of the engine right beside the alternator, fan coming on could be blowing oil everywhere in the engine bay, be worth a look

williame

Reaction score
Just picked car up from garage, turned out to be the crank seal. £200 including oil and filter and cleaned engine bay . Thanks for your input.

Ĺ

form