What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil consumption

A

Anonymous

My 156 GT has started to use oil, using 1 litre in last 500 miles, can't see any leaks, I would consider this excessive, any members have any issues with high oil consumption?

A

Anonymous

Rczstaughton said:
My 156 GT has started to use oil, using 1 litre in last 500 miles, can't see any leaks, I would consider this excessive, any members have any issues with high oil consumption?
What mileage has it done? My Hdi which are "known" to use oil, hasn't used a drop in 20K miles.

A

Anonymous

The THP engine has a history of oil leaks i myself have had one and a couple of others on this forum the same, look closely at the manfold where the spark plugs are its more likely to be there it wont be a major leak but enough to use up more oil

A

Anonymous

Many thanks, will take a look...it's done 7500 miles since I got it in may

A

Anonymous

......with my luck at the moment I bet the engines on the way out........the mini 1.6 Bmw diesel we have is a real dog...it drinks oil and can't even achieve the urban consumption at best and runs so hot the fan is almost constantly on.......my defender blew it's transfer box and damaged the clutch....but they can,t get it to fit back in the defender for some reason.....the discovery 4 they have given me has broken down at least once every day I have had it!!!.......think I will get my bike out....

RCZ1

Reaction score
Rczstaughton said:
......with my luck at the moment I bet the engines on the way out........the mini 1.6 Bmw diesel we have is a real dog...it drinks oil and can't even achieve the urban consumption at best and runs so hot the fan is almost constantly on.......my defender blew it's transfer box and damaged the clutch....but they can,t get it to fit back in the defender for some reason.....the discovery 4 they have given me has broken down at least once every day I have had it!!!.......think I will get my bike out....

You have been having some bad luck with your cars haven't you :eusa-think:

Discovery 4s have a but of a reputation for having problems, yet my husband is on his second and [I'm touching wood as I say this], he hasn't had any problems with either.

Hope you get all yours sorted out soon :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thank you......it will all work out in the end......I hope!!! Just keep smiling