What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Oil Catch Can Recommendations

306DD

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just putting the feelers out for a potential upgrade - can anyone recommend a good oil catch can set up for a 156hp?
Had a look at the back my intake valves and they're pretty bad! I'd like to add a catch can somewhere to slow up future build-up of this crud.

Cheers and thanks for looking!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just putting the feelers out for a potential upgrade - can anyone recommend a good oil catch can set up for a 156hp?
Had a look at the back my intake valves and they're pretty bad! I'd like to add a catch can somewhere to slow up future build-up of this crud.

There’s quite a few on the market and to be fair there’s not many owners running them but really should it’s something I’ve been looking into and I do like the forge one but it’s quite costly for an ally Tank and a couple of silicone hoses at around £300!

306DD

Reaction score
Yep, I know the one - seems reasonably compact too.
Just spent the weekend with the mini wire brushes cleaning the valve stems and don't fancy repeating the process any time soon!

Thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi All,

Keep changing the oil before a service timeline I drop mine 3.500 -4000 my camshafts are clean as a whistle just have the generic oil stains I personally wouldn't bother as the recommendation is to walnut blast the valve ports at 60.000 Klms so that is what I am looking at in the future mine has done 47.662 with no issues to report & on the original chain

306DD

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro, my oil staining is probably about the same on cams and chain gear, but it's the PCV reintroduction through the inlet manifold that's gunking all my stems up. I was also thinking of trying a inlet cleaner like Seafoam or something!

Pedro

Reaction score
I wouldn't introduce any cleaners into these engines maybe RedX is your best option as this cleans out the injectors & helps quicker combustion to burn off oil residues seafoam will only remove a small portion if you have heavy carbon build up as I said before a walnut blast will take out all the build up out of the valve chambers & the car will run a1000 times better

306DD

Reaction score
Thanks for the info - I usually only run Wynns Injector cleaner through it every two or three tanks :)