What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Official: Britain’s worst drivers are in Yorkshire!

2retro

Reaction score
New data from the Department for Transport (DfT) shows exactly where Britain’s worst drivers are.

The findings are based on the number of licence penalty points given to motorists in each postcode area.

In general, Yorkshire doesn’t fare well. In Halifax, Bradford and Huddersfield, nine percent figure of motorists have points on their licence. Halifax leads with 9.62 percent, while Bradford and Huddersfield follow at 9.46 percent and 9.04 percent respectively.

That means nearly 11,000 of Halifax’s 111,820 motorists have penalty points.

Bristol and Doncaster complete the top five worst places for UK drivers, with 8.58 and 8.54 percent having points.T

The remainder of the top 10 is made up by Wakefield, Leeds, Luton, Slough and Harrogate. In all these areas, more than eight percent of local drivers have points.

Looking at areas where drivers have 12 points or more, London leads by far. A total of 969 people in the capital effectively have enough points to be disqualified. In Birmingham, the figure is 393 people.

Peterborough, Nottingham, Liverpool, Leeds, Bradford, Manchester, Doncaster and Cardiff are all home to more than 200 drivers with 12 points or more. In total, 11,021 motorists have maxed-out licences (figure correct in March 2019).

Overall, 6.65 percent of UK motorists, or 2,711,493 people, don’t have a clean licence.

Now who do we know in Yorkshire...? ;)

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
My Son !!! :lol:
His wife's family are oop above Barnsley int countryside, so he settled thereabouts. :x
Think he did a deal to sit in a classroom and be told "speed kills", etc. :roll:
So not sure he got points; don't know how it works in UK any more. :sleeping-yellow:
Me, I got caught a few years back here, and paid up; no points or anything else. :eusa-whistle:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Most people round here just drive with no licence :eusa-whistle: (that’s why Barnsley isn’t in the statistics :lol: )

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yorkshire in particular North will be bad cos its got a trillion speed camera vans, I mean speed awareness vans.
On one trip down the A64 the other day I saw three speed camera vans, but the sneakiest little sh** is the motorbike speed camera - yep we've got one of those too and whilst hiding behind a privet hedge with his camera sat on the bike seat, he got yours truely. The sneakiest of all, so yes we are going to have more points than anywhere else cos you can't drive off your drive without being clocked at 100mph and that's just the vans so they can catch you going 1mph over.
Talking of over....... Rant Over.... bitter me ? never......... :evil:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
This is very true.

Both my brother and sister have now very sadly passed away, but when they were alive, they were both ( at separate times & in different locations) clocked at doing a whopping and clearly reckless 34 mph in a 30 zone :eek: my sister got 3 points and a fine, my brother did a speed awareness course.

I mean really, ffs is this the best use of our dwindling police resources doing perfectly law abiding members of the public for driving at such breakneck speeds. :(

We have active speed cameras hidden all over the M1 so you spend more time looking where the next camera might be than watching the road (yes I know if you stick to 70 you don’t need to look for the cameras, but you need to be doing at least 80 to just keep up with traffic).

We have fixed camera locations seemingly every few yards on most roads, and they throw in the mix portable vans and handhelds all over the place, usually in locations where it’s almost impossible to stick to the limit

BUT LETS NOT FORGET !!! THEY ARE ROAD SAFETY CAMERAS, NOT MONEY GRABBING MOTORIST PUNISHING EASY MONEY MAKING VENTURES.

(Was this a 10 minute rant or the full half hour?)

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well unfortunately as long as we have one of these...

Then we might as well have one of these..

Because it's only inevitable that we will at some point get one of these....

Cheers Mick [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk