What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ODK waxes on there way!

A

Anonymous

*****PRODUCT LAUNCH*****

Finally its that time, after 6 months in development and testing Sterling is finally on its way to us! ODK's first production wax.

Sterling is a natural wax combing pure T1 Carnauba and other organic waxes with a fruity mango and papaya fragrance. Sterling brings out the metallic flake and an uncompromising warm glow, suitable on any paint colour. Sterling has been handblended and handpoured to bring out the best on your paintwork. Durability is 2- 3 months.

Apply a panel at a time very thin in straight or circular motions and leave to cure between 2-5 minutes depending on temperature. 2 or 3 coats advised to ensure even coverage, leaving an hour between coats.

Each 200ml glass jar is housed in our luxury boxes with an applicator pad RRP £49.99. 50ml glass jars RRP £14.99.

Pre orders will be sent as soon as stock arrives. If you haven't yet ordered now is the time.

If you don't know who ODK are they are the guys responsible for the highly acclaimed Dodo Juice I dependant label wax Chocwork Orange which has been a best seller all over the world!

We've had a pre production sample we have been playing with for a few weeks and we can vouch for this being a high quality product!

http://www.bearswaxfactory.co.uk/odk-56-c.asp

A

Anonymous

I have received a confirmation email of my order. What concerns me is that I had this warning flash up

"Be careful! This sender has failed our fraud detection checks." Any advice gratefully received

A

Anonymous

From: [email protected] You moved this message to its current location.
Sent: 11 June 2014 18:29:17
To: [email protected]
Be careful! This sender has failed our fraud detection checks.
Dear Ronald,

Thank you for choosing Bear's Wax Factory. We want to let you know that your order has been received and will be processed as soon as possible.

Your Order Number is: 1092/110614/09

Your Order Details...

RCZ1

Reaction score
I do believe you had a similar message when you ordered from Car Chem. it could be your security system is ultra sensitive?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I have received a confirmation email of my order. What concerns me is that I had this warning flash up

"Be careful! This sender has failed our fraud detection checks." Any advice gratefully received

Thanks for the order. Don't worry we arnt gong to run off with your money.

Sounds like your web provider or virus software being extra careful. Some just don't like small sites until they are checked and 'approved'. With millions of websites worldwide the smaller independent companies take a while to get to. Rest assured we are very secure and we can't see and are not able to see even if we wanted to your password (if you set one up) or card details etc and our web site hosts are one of the biggest companies in the UK.

Any questions feel free to ask away. You are always welcome.

A

Anonymous

That sounds very plausible, I don't think that I will ever understand computers.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
That sounds very plausible, I don't think that I will ever understand computers.

Ha ha. I know the feeling well...

A

Anonymous

Who needs Waxamomo my ODK arrived today. Unlike our queen of detailing I now have the grand total of two waxes the other being Swissvax Onyx. I applied this to my bestests car and it looks and feels amazing. I tend to just use sealants on mine but I liked the sound of the ODK and thought that I'd give it a whirl and support a forum sponsor into the bargain.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Who needs Waxamomo my ODK arrived today. Unlike our queen of detailing I now have the grand total of two waxes the other being Swissvax Onyx. I applied this to my bestests car and it looks and feels amazing. I tend to just use sealants on mine but I liked the sound of the ODK and thought that I'd give it a whirl and support a forum sponsor into the bargain.

Glad your enjoying it!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
You may be tempting me there Ron. How long did you have to leave it before buffing ?

I wrote my post rather badly, I meant that I'd used the Onyx on Jackie's car, I have only just received the ODK today and have not used it. It says on the instructions apply in straight lines and allow 3 minutes to cure. I normally apply wax in a circular motion, wonder what difference it would make doing it in straight lines? We could use it on John's car next month, but I assume you'll be using a sealant on that?

A

Anonymous

If it helps when we tested ODK we found a short curing time was fine. 3-5 mins and the normal use sparingly rule.
I tend to apply in circular motion. It's more of a preference thing rather than affecting how the wax works.

A

Anonymous

Bears Wax Factory said:
If it helps when we tested ODK we found a short curing time was fine. 3-5 mins and the normal use sparingly rule.

That's good RCZ1 often states that less is best :roll:

I bought this as I have the colour of choice for all RCZ's, Pearlescent White (for the benefit of any newer members) and liked this claim "Sterling offers amazing clarity and flake pop normally only found on waxes commanding a far higher price in order to bring the very best out of your paintwork!"

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
The ODK wax sounds pretty good though. One for my basket I think ;)

Why? You would never get around to using it. Baring in mind the number of waxes that you already have, the durability of each wax, added to that the option of all of the sealants you have and of course your age. There will not be enough years remaining in your lifetime :lol:

A

Anonymous

Today was the day to try out my pot of ODK wax. I bought this product basically because of this line in the speal "Sterling brings out the metallic flake and an uncompromising warm glow, suitable on any paint colour." Having a Pearlescent paint I thought that it may be good. I have to say that it is :thumbup: I along with our Queen of detailing gave Pearl2 a good detailing fairly recently and she machine polished my beauty. We then used a sealant, but me being me decided that I wanted to wax rather than the sealant and so today I gave her a good bathe using Bathe+ and then applied a single layer of ODK. She is popping flakes like you wouldn't believe. I have now left her baking in the sun. I will wash her again on Friday and apply a second layer and if time allows a third.
The wax went on very easily without any big blobs and the applicator was great, much better than the one that I bought with my Swissvax wax a while back. This one is a nice size to fit into your hand whilst being thick enough to be able to keep a hold of it.
Buffing off was a doddle too. I used a microfibre cloth, initially you feel the resistance and then it glides over and feels like silk, leaving a smear free smooth feeling result. So easy to do and the initial "resistance" means than you can very easily determine that you have buffed it all off as your cloth glides unhindered along the paintwork :clap:
Will have to see about durability and beading etc, but when I wash her again on Friday, I am expecting to notice a difference.