What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

OCD getting into your car

Claret63

Reaction score
All of my motoring life, having had cars with sports seats I have always taken care when stepping into the car to avoid damage or wear to the bolster, I have also been a little ocd with the sills and where the key is in my hand when opening the drivers door to avoid scratches to the bodywork.

How many people on here if any, are like me, or am I just crazy or simply over the top?

I have to admit with the R I am extra careful, those seats are a work of art.

M19YEA

Reaction score
Yes I’ll admit I do have a touch of that, spent most of today cleaning the leather/suede seats and carpets.
The seats in R are something else I’d love them.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I had the same OCD with stepping in and out of my R. You're not alone :)

When stepping in, I held to the steering wheel and slid past those side bolsters into the seat.
When stepping out, I placed my left hand on the door sill and lifted me over the seat bolsters to step out of the car.

The seats looked almost unused after my tenure with the R. And I used the car as a daily.

Claret63

Reaction score
I had the same OCD with stepping in and out of my R. You're not alone :)

When stepping in, I held to the steering wheel and slid past those side bolsters into the seat.
When stepping out, I placed my left hand on the door sill and lifted me over the seat bolsters to step out of the car.

The seats looked almost unused after my tenure with the R. And I used the car as a daily.

I use that exact technique, I just need to teach my wife to do that on the rare occasion she is a passenger....

M19YEA

Reaction score
What did you use to treat the leather?

Kerr

Reaction score
I'm just trying to imagine how small and light RCZ-R is to keep the seats like that after so long. :)

The seats in the R are very good, but they are pointy. Most of the cars that come up have a lot of wear to the bolsters. Some of them seem really excessive for the mileage.

M19YEA

Reaction score
I'm just trying to imagine how small and light RCZ-R is to keep the seats like that after so long. :)

The seats in the R are very good, but they are pointy. Most of the cars that come up have a lot of wear to the bolsters. Some of them seem really excessive for the mileage.
Do you think the seats often get overlooked in terms of cleaning care and protection.

Kerr

Reaction score
Do you think the seats often get overlooked in terms of cleaning care and protection.

All of the car is overlooked for most owners. Not many people are genuinely anal about their cars.

The seats in the R are prone to wear.

Claret63

Reaction score
All of the car is overlooked for most owners. Not many people are genuinely anal about their cars.

I think you are right, but also over the years I think people are becoming worse with their cars.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
For me that is why it’s worth that extra effort, incredible RCZ-R.

That to me also demonstrates the quality of the seats.

Were you also on the original mats? Looks like it!
Yep, original mats without any holes. Just a bit of wear off, like a dent in the mat, where I kept my right heel.

Last edited:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
What did you use to treat the leather?
When I bought it new back in 2014 I used products from Meguiars. Two, maybe three times a year I cleaned the leather with a leather cleaner and then applied leather conditioner.
Few years later I switched to products from the company Colourlock and purchased their 3-steps products for leather (cleaner, conditioner, sealer). Colourlock is another notch up from Meguiars. But I must admit Meguiars still makes great products for the everyday driver. And those are stupid-simple to apply with a nice scent.
In between I only vacuum cleaned the seats. That's it.
And I hardly ever wear jeans.

Last edited:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

I'd say it is up to 80% down to the owner/driver how the seats wear off and the rest to the material/maintenance.
I always paid attention when getting in and out. Sure, there were days when I forgot/was in hurry/it was raining and I just wanted to jump in/etc. But still, most of the time I took care of getting in or out of the R.

When I take a look at the passenger seat in my current daily which also has leather seats, I see a lot more wear on the side bolsters than on the driver's seat. That is because my wife/passengers/buddies they don't care at all when getting into the seat. My dad also turns on the seat and then slides over the side bolsters because it is hard for him to get in or out.

M19YEA

Reaction score
Well there just seems to be endless little issues with mine due to poor ownership. Not mechanical. More to do with bodywork and the interior.
I’ll admit I am a perfectionist 😂

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Well there just seems to be endless little issues with mine due to poor ownership. Not mechanical. More to do with bodywork and the interior.
I’ll admit I am a perfectionist 😂
It is the same with me and cars. When I buy a used one, I always look for an almost perfect one or I need to start swapping parts to make it almost perfect.
This is why I prefer to buy them new. But this is over now as none of the new cars I can afford makes me wanna have it. I'll stick to my old ones as long as the EU terror force allows it.

Claret63

Reaction score
It is the same with me and cars. When I buy a used one, I always look for an almost perfect one or I need to start swapping parts to make it almost perfect.
This is why I prefer to buy them new. But this is over now as none of the new cars I can afford makes me wanna have it. I'll stick to my old ones as long as the EU terror force allows it.
Out of interest what are you driving at the moment for a daily?