What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Obd2 reader and apps

tianorth

Reaction score
What do you guys and girls use in way of obd2 readers?

Which device do you use?
Which apps do you use to read/show info?
Does it record info?

Thinking of getting something as my RCZ-R has started to run the fan when driven @ 60 mph for 1.5 hours of a 2 hour run.
Coolant level has always been at minimum.

Looking for something to show coolant temperature, oil temperature and possibly pressures, etc.

CircuitMonkey

Reaction score

RCZ-R

Reaction score
tianorth said:
What do you guys and girls use in way of obd2 readers?

Which device do you use?
Which apps do you use to read/show info?
Does it record info?

Thinking of getting something as my RCZ-R has started to run the fan when driven @ 60 mph for 1.5 hours of a 2 hour run.
Coolant level has always been at minimum.

Looking for something to show coolant temperature, oil temperature and possibly pressures, etc.

I have plugged in the ScanGaugeII to my RCZ R OBD. I also wanted to learn about the water temperature. And be prepared for some strange readings which at the end, arent strange. The R engine runs higher water temperatures due to Euro6. You will see values way beyond 100°C when driving. It also will drop as low as 80 sometimes. All in the name of Euro6.
Give it a try!

What I haven't been able to read out of the OBD stream is the intake air temperature after intercooler. That information would be valuable to learn about the air temperature load put on the engine when driving fast.
Maybe I'm missing something here and the value can be extracted from the RCZ OBD. If so, how?

renegade79

Reaction score
I use dash command on iOS for my GTi thp. I don't use it for continued periods only for scanning fault codes but there is a function for recording data logs etc. The dongle itself won't stay attached cause the glovebox needs to be open to gain access to the OBD connector. The app costs €9.99 but so far it's been good. The gauges includes power, torque, intake temp, coolant, BST/VAC.

Is your R driving ok other than the fan on? have you checked the pipe work to the intercooler?