What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

OBD2 Chip Box?

2retro

Reaction score
Never seen that one before personally but the website is nowhere near as user-friendly as the RaceChip one so, for me, I would stick with the tried and tested RaceChip. :thumbup:

Jh72i

Reaction score
Well, RaceChip has already been purchased (although it's taking its time getting here) but even though this doesn't suit the 200 I have I found this quite interesting.

Btw, I've seen some shocking websites in my time very unreflective of the quality of the produce but I have to say the lack of interest in this, hmm...interests me :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Jh72i said:
Well, RaceChip has already been purchased (although it's taking its time getting here) but even though this doesn't suit the 200 I have I found this quite interesting.

Btw, I've seen some shocking websites in my time very unreflective of the quality of the produce but I have to say the lack of interest in this, hmm...interests me :/

Maybe no-one else has any knowledge on them and that's why the post is silent.
How does the RaceChip not suit the 200 ?

I have looked at the RaceChips for my R, they say 71bhp increase to the power but that would be nearly 340bhp and others have told me you're just asking for trouble if you increase to that level.

Also, some have told me that they think it is better to have your original ECU remapped, this way there is no box fooling the system with false pulses.

All I can say is if you want one get one and report back here, for it might help anyone else thinking of making a similar decision. :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have read that people have used various chips with very good results. However, some time back, I spoke with a mechanic who regularly did remapping amongst other things. He said the chips were trouble. They do “trick” the ecu with false readings to get a boost in power. This can result in failure of certain components.

I have not chipped or remapped mine, so I can’t really comment, other than the above.

Nemi

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
How does the RaceChip not suit the 200 ?

I think Jh72i was referring to https://chippower24.com/ as they do not list THP200 version ;)

DKZ5745 said:
I have read that people have used various chips with very good results. However, some time back, I spoke with a mechanic who regularly did remapping amongst other things. He said the chips were trouble. They do “trick” the ecu with false readings to get a boost in power. This can result in failure of certain components.

I have not chipped or remapped mine, so I can’t really comment, other than the above.

ECU remappers say bad things about chips while chip makers say the opposite https://www.racechip.com/chip-tuning/remapping.html it's business :)

Both solutions make your car less reliable (more power = more stress/wear on some parts) but i guess ECU remap is still a bit safer solution since more variables are adjusted.

I have remapped my RCZ and 6 months later i had to change my HPFP and new chain kit will be installed next week (at around 80km mileage). But is it do to remap? Who knows :) Even stock engines suffer from those issues at similar mileage.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
That’s true, the Hpfp & of course timing chain are well known issues with standard Z’s so probably nothing to do with your remap.