What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Numerous engine codes

Goatz

Reaction score
past 2010 models I dont think you have to worry too much about the tensioner. They made a modification and the new tensioner isnt a problem like the old one.

Here is a link for the HPFP repair - 1.6 THP High pressure fuel pump, Mini Cooper, Peugeot RCZ, Citroen DS3/4 repair | eBay
I cant say if this is a good option yet, but I will report back if I have any problems

A common oil leak at the front of these engines (for peugeot/citreon/Mini) originates from around the oil filter housing. Possibilities include the turbo feed pipe, oil filter gasket, and oil cooler gasket. When changing one, it is prudent to change all three as they are in the same area and it is often unclear which is causing the problem. The oil cooler is bolted onto the filter housing.

Your biggest concern would be the timing chain as if that goes wrong its serious cash..

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
To conclude this thread, the codes p1336, p0172 and p0087 were caused by the hpfp, and p0016 was cleared by replacing the cam sensor.
Oil leak was from the oil cooler gasket.

during this time i have also done the following unrelated work:
oil and filter change
air filter change
brake fluid change
replaced the rocker gasket
replaced the spark plugs
replaced the drive belt
transmission oil change
wheel balancing
ng4 harddrive replacement (with compact flash) and update
replaced the damaged front grill and parking sensors

Now if only there wasnt a lockdown i could take the car out for a long drive and enjoy it!

i bought this car with front grill damage for £2100. Most expensive part was the front grill replacement parts i had to order from France for £500! the same parts for a 208 would have been close to £80! So, all in i am close to 3k for a 2011 1.6 rcz GT with satnav at 100k miles. i didnt realise the extent of the problems when i picked it up as i was in a rush to get a car after my previous one failed. Probably could have picked up a better example and without damage for cheaper, but at least i know this car completely inside out now and (fingers crossed) there shouldnt be any problems for a while..
You done good to get where your at & you can take credit from the success of all that work plus you live with the Knowledge that as long as you have the car there will always be people willing to help you if needed out on this site:)

Guscoint75

Reaction score
hi Guys
I have replaced the timing chain using the dealer and it wasn't cheap at all, now I ,m getting error code POO16 , I heard it might be the cam sensor?
any idea the location and if it is an easy job to replace ?
thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
I understand where your at with the Timing chain or was it the tensioner which usually fails before the chain does & is a cheaper fix it appears a common misconception the chain has failed

Guscoint75

Reaction score
I've cleared the code poo16 this morning, took it for a quick run all good till I feel it is not idling properly at low rev, tried to plug it again into my scanner, now I'm getting POO12
Camshaft position CMP intake/left/front, bank 1- timing over-retarded
any idea ? would it be the solenoid oil control valve ? I heard it is pain to replace it as it is located at the back ?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I would take it back to the dealer who replaced the timing kit.

Pedro

Reaction score
Bank 1 Intake Camshaft more retarded more than what the ECU is commanding it could relate to Dirty engine oil & poss Faulty intake control solenoid ?