What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Now selling RaceChip

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Yes I have added yet another manufacturer to my ever growing website. The more I have the more choices you have, and again all items are for the RCZ, so no need to look any further.

Now I have added RaceChip. They are probably the best makers of chip tuning modules. The modules they have for the RCZ can be used with any engine and you get a choice of the standard RaceChip module or their Pro module. I have placed performance information for your review on my site.

Here is the link to my page on the RaceChip:

http://rczperformance.com/Tuning.html#Race-Chip

And here is the link to buying them:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/Tuning_c4.htm

As previously mentioned, if you can't find it on my site, please let me know.

Thanks for your support.

A

Anonymous

RaceChip now being sold at RCZ Performance

That pro race chip looks good if the results are true. £180 sounds like a good deal to me. How hard or easy are they to fit.

A

Anonymous

RaceChip now being sold at RCZ Performance

Massively intrigued but not bold enough to be the first to try it!!

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Re: RaceChip now being sold at RCZ Performance

Rczmk said:
That pro race chip looks good if the results are true. £180 sounds like a good deal to me. How hard or easy are they to fit.

Very easy to fit. That price is for the diesel version, I can't remember what you have. If you have the petrol version the cost is a bit more (utilize the drop-down box to select your engine size to see your price).

Thanks for your interest.

A

Anonymous

What's the reason for the huge increase in price on the petrol versions?! And how does the little box of tricks actually increase power ie what is it changing that the ECU detects?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

xzibit206 said:
What's the reason for the huge increase in price on the petrol versions?! And how does the little box of tricks actually increase power ie what is it changing that the ECU detects?

I do not have a direct answer for the increase in cost for Petrol versions of the modules, but it must have to do with the way it acts to manage the changes required for this type of engine. I say this as I see that their is more to do in getting petrol versions tuned vs. the diesel engines, as this was the case with my car when it was remapped by Superchips and I have a Petrol. That is my guess on this.

Without getting into the real in-depth process of the box of tricks, plus I cannot get all of the information about it from the manufacturer either, but basically the software intervenes in the motor management in real time, and optimises the characteristic fields any time an increase in performance seems to be reasonable and gentle for you and your motor. Namely, whenever you request this performance, such as when overtaking or accelerating.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

What is the differences between RaceChip Pro and Ultimate, except 1 hp ? And why it is more expensive than pro version ? (there is a significant cost difference between them)

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
bladekel said:
What is the differences between RaceChip Pro and Ultimate, except 1 hp ? And why it is more expensive than pro version ? (there is a significant cost difference between them)

Yes the hp gain is not much but with a better and faster processor along with a heat resistant fibreglass reinforced plastic housing, it provides a better performance while using less fuel. So the cost is for a better overall module.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Intothevoid said:
How do these affect the warranty? And the MPG?

You can save up 1.0 litre of fuel per 100km (driving habits will of course depict actual savings). You can remove the RaceChip module at any time, say when you take the car in for service.

A

Anonymous

Your banging your head against a wall selling these bhp/torque gain increase chips as they are mostly a" LEAP OF FAITH" but i must say the price is doubled for petrol when the theory/electronics is the same between for both fuels so it appears a "rip off"

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
Your banging your head against a wall selling these bhp/torque gain increase chips as they are mostly a" LEAP OF FAITH" but i must say the price is doubled for petrol when the theory/electronics is the same between for both fuels so it appears a "rip off"

We all have our opinions but at the end of the day their is a demand for power modules, and so I must offer them and I chose a manufacturer that I feel is the best and not a leap of faith (as some manufacturers are just that). Each one I have sold the buyer has enjoyed the results. As for the price increase between diesel and petrol modules, this comes down to the manufacturers involvement in the development of the modules and what it takes to get the performance gains. The module does indeed increase power and is easy to install and remove, and does not leave any programming on the ECU. I always recommend to do a before and after power pulls to see the differences.

A

Anonymous

I am going to try 1 of these in the next month or so and I'm pretty sure the manufacturer would give you a refund if the rolling road test didn't produce the results. I've paid £350 for a remap before so for me in the diesel I'm willing to give it a try.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Rczmk said:
I am going to try 1 of these in the next month or so and I'm pretty sure the manufacturer would give you a refund if the rolling road test didn't produce the results. I've paid £350 for a remap before so for me in the diesel I'm willing to give it a try.

:thumbup: but please note that the numbers represented on my site are maximum values achievable. Although the modules will provide what you are looking for out the box, you can adjust them to your liking to even get more power. But at the end of the day your butt will notice the difference and that is what counts the most :)

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

The RaceChip Pro has been replaced with the RaceChip Pro2. Price is the same and so are the performance gains, but it is now a better performing unit:

RaceChip Pro2:

Increase in performance: up to 30%
Torque increase: up to 20%
Fuel reduction: up to 1.0l / 100km
Processor: STM8 (24Mhz)
Core size: 8 bit
Characteristic processing: 24 million/sec
Plug: FCI Automotive
Casing: Fibre-glass reinforced plastic, heat resistant, waterproof
Dimensions: 9,2cm x 10,4cm x 3,6cm

RaceChip Pro

Increase in performance: up to 30%
Torque increase: up to 20%
Fuel reduction: up to 1.0l / 100km
Processor: AtMega 88 (20Mhz)
Core size: 8 bit
Characteristic processing: 20 million/sec
Plug: Sub-D
Casing: Aluminium/plastic, heat resistant, waterproof
Dimensions: 6,3cm x 6,3cm x 3,2cm

For more information, you can visit here:

http://www.rczperformance.com/EngineTuning.html#Race-Chip

To buy, visit here:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/RaceChip-Pro2-RCZPRO2.htm

A

Anonymous

So basically it is dead easy to fit, can be removed without trace and will not affect warranty. Presumably it will affect insurance premium though.
I have a 200BHP petrol RCZ and am considering buying one of these. Any info on how the Race Pro 2 increases acceleration and top speed?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
PeterA said:
So basically it is dead easy to fit, can be removed without trace and will not affect warranty. Presumably it will affect insurance premium though.
I have a 200BHP petrol RCZ and am considering buying one of these. Any info on how the Race Pro 2 increases acceleration and top speed?

You are correct in that it is easy to install and remove. Since it does not do any programming to the ECU, it will not be apparent you have one after you remove it.

With all modifications, we highly recommend you notify your insurance company.

No figures on acceleration and/or top speeds, only performance gains as see here on our site:

http://rczperformance.com/EngineTuning.html#Race-Chip

Note: The performance data presented are achievable maximum values. The actual power output is dependent on the serial tolerances of the vehicle. The RaceChip module is delivered with an optimal basic settings for your vehicle. You can customize the output to your liking.