What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Not Happy

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, yesterday was my birthday :dance: & we booked an overnight stay at a Hotel in Scarborough, just to go somewhere different.

I was looking forward to the journey, as I love long trips in the Z. On the A64 dual carriageway section, a Honda Integra type R decided he didn’t want to let me get past, so he pulled in front & then slowed down to @60mph. I backed off a little & waited for him to move. He didn’t, then he accelerated away to what must have been over 80 so I resumed my cruise control (set to 76) only for him to slow right down again.

He did this around 3 or 4 times & I must admit I was getting quite annoyed by this stage. Then he slowed down & moved to the slow lane, so, concentrating on him rather than anything else, I dropped into 4th & floored it to go past him before he had chance to cut me up again,

Only to see on the bridge in front a video police van with the window open pointing straight at me :law-policered:
That’s why he moved over.

This guy has just cost me 3 points & a hefty fine. Happy Birthday to me :thumbdown:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Oh no! :( I don't know why some people have to be so aggressive and stupid on the road. Driving itself is a pleasure, why ruin it?

braveheart

Reaction score
Brutal mate !! what a f**in dick...Karma will catch up on him soon.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed he didn't get you :roll:

jr4070

Reaction score
I constantly get this type of behavior.. This week a Mercedes moni bus tailgated me for miles.Tried to overtake on a corner then decided to wait to overtake on a high street...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
What it is is other drivers just want to drool over our Zs beautiful curves so they get as close as they can or try to slow you down so they can keep ogling us in their mirrors. ;)

2retro

Reaction score
You should have known Honda stands for Hang On, Not Done Accelerating! :crazy:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
My sympathy DKZ5754,

They are a pain in the arse... I live in "let's get some more money of the disconcerning motorist - York" and I also saw him on the bridge of the A64 @ Heslington. You just can't get along now in N.Yorkshire without a van or even the motorbike they now deploy - ( no chance of seeing this until you're right next to him - which is usually in a hedge bottom or hidden in a gateway where he got me! ). Not that we all go crazy - but we have the safest roads in Europe, but you can guarantee it's when you get some knob like this in front and you just wanna get past before he causes an accident and boom Speed Awareness Camera Van !!!
Let's hope and pray to the RCZ gods that the tit in the Honda - who is probably on 11 points gets his yang very soon.

Frogfoot

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
So, yesterday was my birthday :dance: & we booked an overnight stay at a Hotel in Scarborough, just to go somewhere different.

I was looking forward to the journey, as I love long trips in the Z. On the A64 dual carriageway section, a Honda Integra type R decided he didn’t want to let me get past, so he pulled in front & then slowed down to @60mph. I backed off a little & waited for him to move. He didn’t, then he accelerated away to what must have been over 80 so I resumed my cruise control (set to 76) only for him to slow right down again.

He did this around 3 or 4 times & I must admit I was getting quite annoyed by this stage. Then he slowed down & moved to the slow lane, so, concentrating on him rather than anything else, I dropped into 4th & floored it to go past him before he had chance to cut me up again,

Only to see on the bridge in front a video police van with the window open pointing straight at me :law-policered:
That’s why he moved over.

This guy has just cost me 3 points & a hefty fine. Happy Birthday to me :thumbdown:

Did anything come through the post?

2retro

Reaction score
Frogfoot said:
They have up to a fortnight to send you a fine so DK can't unclench his sphincter just yet! :shock:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Not so far, still got everything crossed, but I can’t believe that they didn’t get me. I don’t know how long these things usually take, as, believe it or not, in 42 years of driving, I’ve never had a speeding ticket yet, and that really is hard to believe since I got the Z 3 years ago :eek:

Still, I always say, you should try everything in life at least once :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
2retro said:
Frogfoot said:
They have up to a fortnight to send you a fine so DK can't unclench his sphincter just yet! :shock:

Ah, I thought it was too soon to relax :cry:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
2retro said:
Frogfoot said:

So, on the countdown to next wednesday, meanwhile, I have taken measures to ensure I don’t receive a fine.....

Attachments

• IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 7,903

Plecodoras

Reaction score
DKZ

I live in York and as said got myself one of these special letters! it took two days - so fingers crossed you might be lucky.

I had a couple of taxi's cut me up in Leeds about 6 weeks ago, and after the second time they did it I floored it - right through the cameras - sat nav beeping madly and me pissed off all weekend - guess what - they were red light cameras and I went through on green, just a bit to quick shall we say.
I know how you feel, I never relaxed all weekend. Good Luck.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, after a quick check on Google, it’s official, the Police have 14 days to inform you of a speeding offence & THAT HAS NOW EXPIRED :law-policered: :beer: :-D :text-bravo: :dance: :beer: :lol: :happy-wavemulticolor:

And.........relax :eusa-whistle:

Reaction score
Result. :thumbup:

Ps You do know it's 14 working days not including Fridays right ? ;)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, on gov.uk .....

Speeding penalties
The minimum penalty for speeding is a £100 fine and 3 penalty points added to your licence.
You could be disqualified from driving if you build up 12 or more penalty points within a period of 3 years.
If you’re stopped by the police for the speeding offence, they can either:

send you the details of the penalty
send the case straight to court
If you weren’t stopped by the police for the speeding offence (eg it was caught by speed camera), the vehicle’s registered keeper must be sent a notice of intended prosecution within 14 days. You may have to go to court if you ignore the notice.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Found an interesting section on the website......

Speed Enforcement
The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) issued revised speed enforcement policy guidance in 2013. It suggests that enforcement will normally occur when a driver exceeds the speed limit by a particular margin. The particular margin is normally 10 per cent over the speed limit plus 2 mph. The guidance sets guidelines for when it would be appropriate to issue a fixed penalty notice or for the driver to attend a speed awareness course, and when it becomes appropriate to issue a summons. These are guidelines only and a police officer has discretion to act outside of them providing he acts fairly, consistently and proportionately.

In summary the guidelines are:

Speed limit: 20 mph

ACPO threshold for:

a fixed penalty or a Speed Awareness course: 24 mph
summoning: 35 mph

Speed limit: 30 mph

ACPO threshold for:

a fixed penalty or a Speed Awareness course: 35 mph
summoning: 50 mph

Speed limit: 40 mph

ACPO threshold for:

a fixed penalty or a Speed Awareness course: 46 mph